Issues with "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)" - Code restarting from pasting

Stildawn

Board Regular
Hi All

Have a complicated sheet that does things on the fly as the user changes fields and enters data etc etc.

To do this I use: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) on Sheets(1)

Which as you know runs the code whenever the selection changes on the sheet, which is great.

My issue is that I have this code within the SelectionChange sub:

Code:
With Thisworkbook.Sheets(1)
Lastrow = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Range("A" & ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Range("C" & Lastrow & ":G" & Lastrow).Copy
.Range("D" & i).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
End With

There is massively more code within the With block but that is the relevant part.

What happens is when the ".Range("D" & i).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues" line is run, the code takes that as a selectionchange, and then the whole selectionchange code runs again from the start.

Which is screwing up the rest of the code below ".Range("D" & i).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues"

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Regards

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok try this

Code:
Lastrow = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Range("A" & ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Range("C" & Lastrow & ":G" & Lastrow).Copy Destination:=.Range("D" & i)
.Range("D" & i, .Range("D" & i).Offset(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Range("C" & Lastrow & ":G" & Lastrow).Rows.Count - 1, ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Range("C" & Lastrow & ":G" & Lastrow).Columns.Count - 1)).Clearformats
End With

i was trying to use destination to get your values into the cells you want and then clear the formatting from those cells by getting the shape of your copy area and offsetting it to the destination. i hope that works with the With .Range code

Upvote 0
wait sorry i was assuming you were pasting values to avoid formats like highlights or font. i didn't consider it was to get values from formulas. destination will paste the formulas
sorry i couldnt help

Upvote 0
bump for help
i hope someone can solve your problem since i wasnt any use

Upvote 0
You can disable events while pasting like this:

Code:
ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Range("C" & Lastrow & ":G" & Lastrow).Copy
Application.enableevents = false
.Range("D" & i).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
Application.enableevents = true
End With

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary_M

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back