July Contest - Name the XL Guy

Wow - 125 entries came in, and I loved every one of them. I brought in three judges to narrow this down to 12 favorites.

Now, it is up to you to vote....

http://mrexcel.com/pc08.php

Bill

This message was edited by MrExcel on 2002-07-31 11:37

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
On 2002-07-24 08:31, chezlinds wrote:
Since I always see the board members as rushing in on white steeds with swords drawn to slay my Excel problems, what about...

...Excelsior.

But, I also really liked the PiXL suggestion from earlier :)

Apart from my own suggestion, of course, that's the best suggestion I've seen...

Excelsior....

I like that...... it brings up an image of the Queen's charger, from legend - although this was referred to as a "Paladin".... which is a bit too close to our favourite poster, hence me not suggesting it

but Excelsior is a great idea

:)

Wow! One of mine is in there. For some reason, that extremely surprised me.

(I'm talking about "Celie," btw :) )

Though I am still trying to figure out how "Xlie" rhymes with "Annie"...

On 2002-07-31 11:36, MrExcel wrote:
Wow - 125 entries came in, and I loved every one of them. I brought in three judges to narrow this down to 12 favorites.

Now, it is up to you to vote....

http://mrexcel.com/pc08.php

Bill

Hi Bill
Picky, picky, picky, i know, but I noticed that Chris Davidson's suggestion of 'Malcolm XL' has been listed on the voting page as 'Mr Malcolm XL'.
Regards
Schrödinger’s cat

Wow! One of mine is in there. For some reason, that extremely surprised me.

(I'm talking about "Celie," btw :) )

Though I am still trying to figure out how "Xlie" rhymes with "Annie"...

It comes as no surprise to me to discover that grammatical pedants have no sense of poetry :)

(Although I'm equally surprised that said pedants missed an archetypal feminine ryhme!)

Paddy
This message was edited by PaddyD on 2002-07-31 21:02

On 2002-07-31 20:57, PaddyD wrote:
It comes as no surprise to me to discover that grammatical pedants have no sense of poetry :)

(Although I'm equally surprised that said pedants missed an archetypal feminine ryhme!)

Paddy

nya.gif

Well, the only think I could come up with was "Sally," but for some reason, I didn't think that was right. It's the whole "X" in there that's throwing me off, darnit...

(but, to be fair, no, I'm not much into poetry :) )

Okay,

Having checked out the voting list for this guy,
not that I feel slighted that X-man's not on the list,
but I think Bubba's a better choice than anything on the list...

And if androgany is the objective, why not Pat?

Corticus

<font face="Papyrus" color="#765F03"> 

May Each Day Be a Blessing,</p>

</font><font color="#765F03"><font face="Papyrus">Corticus</font></font>

Hammer1.gif
[ This Message was edited by: Corticus on 2002-08-01 06:01 ]</font>

On 2002-07-12 11:57, Chris Davison wrote:
On 2002-07-12 04:19, AJ wrote:
Sorry to be yet another to rain on the "Bubba" parade but in the UK at the moment that would be right out.
Bubba is the nickname of Jade from the Big Brother house (for those that don't know it's a TV show where people live their life in front of the cameras for a few weeks).
Jade is quite possibly the most stupid cow on the planet, as the excerpts from conversations with the other housemates below prove...

Jade thinks peacocks see out of their feathers ...

Jade has amazed the other housemates by telling them she thought peacocks had eyes in their feathers.

They had been talking about pets when she made her latest gaffe.

Alex and PJ were even more flabbergasted than usual at Jade's precarious grasp of reality.

She said: "You see those things, don't think I'm being daft, but them things that look like eyes, are they their real eyes?"

PJ and Alex soon realised she meant the "eyes" in the birds' colourful feathers.

PJ said: "Jade, come on, I know you're a bit dizzy but..."

Alex was more blunt, saying: "How can a f*****g peacock have eyes in their f*****g feathers?"

They explained some creatures had markings that looked like eyes to protect them from predators.

But Jade just said: "Imagine having eyes up your bum!"

Jade's previous howlers include thinking Cambridge was in London, East Anglia was a foreign country and Sherlock Holmes and Inspector Morse were real people.

Edit: Sorry - just realised her nickname is Babba, not Bubba. Doh! (feeling as thick as she is now!). It's probably still too close an association though!
This message was edited by AJ on 2002-07-12 04:20

AJ.... I don't think Big Brother will *ever* beat the other day when she sat there drunk as a skunk on the sofa, naked, giggling

what a sight...

dear me...!

"East Angular ? That's in Africa isn't it ?"
[Where were all these dumb women with low self esteem wheen I was growing up??!? Stop torturing me,<sigh> born way too soon ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back