Label filter and data refresh

lite4d

Board Regular
I have a spreadsheet that has about 40 pivot tables that use label filters for filtering HH:MM and "greater than" selection. When I do a refresh, I have to go back and reset the label filters. Is there any way to not have to re-do every label filter after refresh? I have looked at all the settings and didn't see anything in there that looked like it would work. Maybe VBA?

Thanks

Chris

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
You didn't say what version of Excel you are using, but just now doing a quick test with a pivot table on an Excel worksheet in 2010, I had a field filtered fro a few items and refreshed the pivot tabloe with no change in the filter settings. I'm sure you are seeing what you are seeing, but I don't know the context of it so it's hard to diagnose without being able to duplicate your situation.

A friendly albeit unsolicited observation if I may, 40 pivot tables in a workbook will weigh down the file's performance with memory usage, and yeesh, 40 on one worksheet, as you have, is a lot more mashed data than most people can make sense of. I'd suggest considering why you need so many pivot tables, and if there's a way to consolidate the analysis design of your workbook.

Upvote 0
Well it's two different spreadsheets with about 20 per to sort out all different types of data (times/quantities and priority groups) I am using 2007 and I have pivot tables that have to find data that "greater than" or "less than" a label filtered number. Once I get the pivot table right, and I need to refresh for added data, I have to re-do the label filter in the drop down box and just click through the choices (the filter data isn't lost it just has to be repopulated.) I'm trying to get it to repopulate upon refresh. Is that possible?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryss1988

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back