Link Text to different expiration dates

dasflockerman

Hi,

I’m work in the insurance business and want to be able to keep track of the forms I’ve sent to other companies. Due to different procedures of the companies processing times, the time I have to keep track of the forms differ.

What I want is the possibility to have different company names in Column A, and be able to track them for a different amount of days in the future depending on which company name I type in.

This is no problem as long as I keep the companies in different sheets and I just use the formula: date that I sent it + the amount of days until expiration. Then in another cell I have the date I sent it + the amount of days processing time – today’s date. This makes it possible to see when a form should have been processed and done by the other company.

This is as you see a very simple calculation

What I want is to have them in the same sheet and be able to type “company name” equals the day I type it in to excel + the x amount of days in the future the processing takes – today’s date.

Example:
“Company A” has a processing time of the form I send that is 50 days
“Company B” has a processing time of the form I send that is 75 days

If I type in “Company A” in cell A1 I want to know when these (50) days from the date I sent it (typed it in to the excel file) expires.
Example: (2014-05-08 + 50 days – today’s date)

If I type in “Company B” in cell A2 I want to know when these (75) days from the date I sent it (typed it in to the excel file) expires.
Example: (2014-05-08 + 75 days – today’s date)

The problem I’m facing is that I want to link a certain Company name to a certain amount of days that I have to keep track of the sent form.

Grateful for all help:biggrin:

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TomMacca52

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back