Loop - Select row, find value, replace value

Knockoutpie

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
How can I loop this?

this is currently selecting row 4. Finding the value in AO4, and replacing the value in AQ4.
How can i loop this until the end of the sheet? Based on data in column E

next would be select row 5, find value in AO5, replace with value in AQ5

VBA Code:
Rows(4).Select
    Cells.Replace What:=range("AO4").Value, Replacement:=range("AQ4").Value, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder _
        :=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, ReplaceFormat:=True, _
        FormulaVersion:=xlReplaceFormula2

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Please check if the following helps you.

VBA Code:
Sub replacevalues()
  Dim i As Long

For i = 4 To Range("AO" & Rows.Count).End(3).Row
    Range("E:E").Replace What:=Range("AO" & i).Value, Replacement:=Range("AQ" & i).Value, _
      LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
      ReplaceFormat:=True
  Next
End Sub

If you are having difficulties, then to better understand your problem, I would like to ask a few questions:
- How are your data on the sheet.
- You only want to replace the data in column E.
- The change is a partial value within the cell or the entire value of the cell.
- One last thing, why do you have the ReplaceFormat parameter set to True? It means it depends on some format in the cell?

I hope to hear from you soon.
Respectfully
Dante Amor

Upvote 0
Please check if the following helps you.

VBA Code:
Sub replacevalues()
  Dim i As Long

For i = 4 To Range("AO" & Rows.Count).End(3).Row
    Range("E:E").Replace What:=Range("AO" & i).Value, Replacement:=Range("AQ" & i).Value, _
      LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
      ReplaceFormat:=True
  Next
End Sub

If you are having difficulties, then to better understand your problem, I would like to ask a few questions:
- The change is a partial value within the cell or the entire value of the cell.
- One last thing, why do you have the ReplaceFormat parameter set to True? It means it depends on some format in the cell?

Respectfully
Dante Amor
Hi Dante, I'm using column E to determine when the loop should stop, column E will tell me how far down the data goes to the bottom of the worksheet.
I'm using AO4 as my find value, and AQ4 as my replacement value, while having row 4 selected. (this will be my starting row)

Essentially, this is a way to replace the row number that a formula is referring to (but for all the formula for the whole row)

Upvote 0
For me to better understand the problem, could you answer the questions raised in post #2.
Put here some examples of your sheet.
Your macro does not work with row 4, what your macro does is make the change to the entire sheet, that is why I am confused, it even changes the data in the same cell AO4.
Now I don't understand why you consider column E as the base to stop the loop. If column E has 15 rows, but column AO only has 8 rows, the result will not be as expected.

Respectfully
Dante Amor

Upvote 0
For me to better understand the problem, could you answer the questions raised in post #2.
Put here some examples of your sheet.
Your macro does not work with row 4, what your macro does is make the change to the entire sheet, that is why I am confused, it even changes the data in the same cell AO4.
Now I don't understand why you consider column E as the base to stop the loop. If column E has 15 rows, but column AO only has 8 rows, the result will not be as expected.

Respectfully
Dante Amor
I understand.
A. I would like to have it filtered so it only works through visible rows and we can disregard E
A. No, E will determine the last row of the sheet
A. Partial value, essentially every cell in row 4 has a formula like "=SUMIFS('Customer'!17:17,'Customer'!1:1,Forecast!AM1)" i'm taking the value of AO4, and replacing it with the value in AQ4 (this will replace the row numbers in the above formula for all cells in that row, if i have the row selected)
A. it can be false, this was just the recorded code.

Attached is an image of the workbook

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
@DanteAmor

Hi Dante, this is what I came up with, let me know your thoughts. it seems to work for what I need.

VBA Code:
Sub SelectVisibleRowsAndLoop()

ActiveSheet.range("$A$1").AutoFilter Field:=43, Criteria1:="<>" ' filter for non-empty rows in column AQ
    Dim lastRow As Long
    Dim currentRow As Long

' Select row 4
    Rows("4:4").Select

' Get the last non-empty cell in column AQ
    lastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "AQ").End(xlUp).Row

' Loop through all the visible rows until the last non-empty cell in column AQ
    For currentRow = 5 To lastRow
        ' Check if the current row is visible
        If Rows(currentRow).Hidden = False Then
            ' Select the current visible row
            Rows(currentRow).Select

Dim cell As range
For Each cell In range("AO4:AO" & lastRow)
    Cells.Replace What:=cell.Value, Replacement:=range("AQ" & cell.Row).Value '....
Next

End If
    Next currentRow

End Sub

Upvote 0
It looks like your code comes from chatgpt, that doesn't help me what you want to do.
If it works for you, perfect.

But if it doesn't work for you and following what you put as answers and what you show in your image, your formulas go from column A to column M.

I'm going to follow your suggestion to use column E as a reference.

VBA Code:
Sub replacevalues()
  Dim i As Long

For i = 4 To Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(3).Row
    If Range("AO" & i).Value <> "" And Range("AQ" & i).Value <> "" Then
      Range("A" & i & ":AM" & i).Replace Range("AO" & i).Value, Range("AQ" & i).Value, xlPart
    End If
  Next
End Sub

Let me know the result and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Sincerely
Dante Amor

Upvote 1
Solution
It looks like your code comes from chatgpt, that doesn't help me what you want to do.

But if it doesn't work for you and following what you put as answers and what you show in your image, your formulas go from column A to column M.

VBA Code:
Sub replacevalues()
  Dim i As Long

Range("A" & i & ":AM" & i).Replace Range("AO" & i).Value, Range("AQ" & i).Value, xlPart
    End If
  Next
End Sub

Sincerely
Dante Amor
you're the best, I always like seeing your replies.

Upvote 1

VBA Code:
Sub replacevalues()
  Dim i As Long

End If
  Next
End Sub

Sincerely
Dante Amor
Hi Dante, just following up in case someone comes across this, I modified it just a tiny bit..

"E" - to determine the last row on the sheet
"AN" where my find value is
"AP" where my replace value is
Range("G" & i & ":AN" & i - my formulas are in column G:AN

Again, thank you for your help!

VBA Code:
Sub Picture2_Click()

Dim i As Long

If Range("AN" & i).Value <> "" And Range("AP" & i).Value <> "" Then
      Range("G" & i & ":AN" & i).Replace Range("AN" & i).Value, Range("AP" & i).Value, xlPart
    End If
  Next
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobmudombe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back