Macro Add-In not found, but on toolbar

ProblemFinder

Hi,
I am trying to use a macro written by someone in my department. It's basic function is to pull up a schematic from another program based on the number in the selected cell (e.g. 167722A). All that should be required on my part is to paste the Add-In in the Office 11/XLSTART folder.
The problem is that I am getting an error when I try to run the macro: "The macro 'xlDrawingUtils.xla!ThisWorkbook.DisplayDrawing' cannot be found." I know the add-in is in the right folder because the macro shows up on the toolbar. I am running Excel 2003 on Windows XP SP3.

Some of the things I've tried so far:
-Macro security is on medium. I've changed it to low, doesn't make a difference.
-The macro does not show up in the Alt+F8 macro list, but it doesn't on the computers where it works either. Is this because it's a prive macro?
-I've checked the Error Trapping settings in the General tab of the VB Editor Options. They are set to "Break on Unhandled Errors", changing this has no effect.
-I've also checked the References in the VB Editor, they are the same for both versions (working and not).

I've uploaded the Add-In file here: http://ge.tt/9ht2b27?c
Not sure where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

Note: For you, a working macro would be one where running it does not generate the error, since you don't have access to the application where the schematic is pulled from.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
off the cuff reply: have you installed addin. tools-addin-browse go to that addiln file in the harddisk and click open. go to tools addin and see whether this add in checked

Upvote 0
I checked the Add-In list, it wasn't in there. Unfortunately, adding the file did not fix the problem. I also checked the computers where it was working, and they didn't have the file in their Add-In list either.
What I don't get is how can Excel not find the Add-In when it's showing up on the toolbar?

Upvote 0
Update:
I figured out the problem. Turns out the computers where the macro wasn't working had 64-bit Windows, so simply deleting the button and restarting Excel solves the issue.
Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greggy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back