macro to copy Bold value

Tintoo

Pls help me... since am not aware of macros and now i need to complete my work faster.

lets say i have a any content (text or numbers) in range A1:H10000 in sheet 1. There is only one "BOLD" value in sheet 1. I need to copy that bold value and paste in sheet 2 of same workbook in column E. It should copy and paste in column E of sheet 2 only if there is any content in the corresponding cell in the previous column D of sheet 2. if there is no content in column D then it should not paste in column E and it should be blank or empty. I dont want to retain the format.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Code:
Sub FindCopyBoldValue()    
    Dim c As Range
    Dim r As Range
    Dim wb As Workbook
    Dim ws1 As Worksheet
    Dim ws2 As Worksheet

Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
    Set ws1 = wb.Sheets(1)
    Set ws2 = wb.Sheets(2)
    Set r = ws1.UsedRange

For Each c In r.Cells
        If c.Font.Bold Then
            If ws2.Cells(c.Row, 4).Value <> "" Then
                ws2.Cells(c.Row, 5).Value = c.Value
                Exit For
            End If
        End If
    Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Crystalyzer,

can u help me by editing the macro so that by which i can specify the sheet name... if i run this program the result is blank only... and i need the result in range E1:E20 and not in a single cell... pls help

Upvote 0
This is my excat requirement...
I have a list of values in sheet 1 for range A1:H100. in this range there is a bold value. Now i need to paste this bold value in range E1:E20 of sheet 10 of same workbook. pls help with a macro.

Note: the value should paste in range E1:E20 of sheet 10 only if there is any value (i.e.,text or number) in the range D1:D20 of same sheet 10

Upvote 0
This is my excat requirement...
I have a list of values in sheet 1 for range A1:H100. in this range there is a bold value. Now i need to paste this bold value in range E1:E20 of sheet 10 of same workbook. pls help with a macro.

Note: the value should paste in range E1:E20 of sheet 10 only if there is any value (i.e.,text or number) in the range D1:D20 of same sheet 10
Give this macro a try...
Code:
Sub CopyBoldValueToSheet10RangeE1ToE10()
  Dim Cell As Range
  For Each Cell In Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:H100")
    If Cell.Font.Bold Then
      If Len(Cell.Offset(, 1)) Then
        Cell.Copy Sheets("Sheet10").Range("E1:E10")
        Exit Sub
      End If
    End If
  Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Rick Rothstein,

It works too fine. Thank you so much. But i dont want to copy the cell format and i need only the value. Moreover the above macro pastes the value in the cell range which i specify like E1:E10 but i want it to paste in E1:E10 only if there is any value in before column D1:D10... if the value in D5 is empty then i dont want to paste in E5 too...

Pls help

Give this macro a try...
Code:
Sub CopyBoldValueToSheet10RangeE1ToE10()
  Dim Cell As Range
    If Cell.Font.Bold Then
      If Len(Cell.Offset(, 1)) Then
        Cell.Copy Sheets("Sheet10").Range("E1:E10")
        Exit Sub
      End If
    End If
  Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Rick Rothstein,
It works too fine. Thank you so much. But i dont want to copy the cell format and i need only the value. Moreover the above macro pastes the value in the cell range which i specify like E1:E10 but i want it to paste in E1:E10 only if there is any value in before column D1:D10... if the value in D5 is empty then i dont want to paste in E5 too...
Give this macro a try then...
Code:
[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
	[td]Sub CopyBoldValueToSheet10RangeE1ToE10()
  Dim Cell As Range
    If Cell.Font.Bold Then
      Sheets("Sheet10").Range("E1:E10").Value = Evaluate("IF(D1:D10="""","""",""" & Cell.Value & """)")
      Exit Sub
    End If
  Next
End Sub[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Upvote 0
Give this macro a try then...
Code:
[tr]
  Dim Cell As Range
    If Cell.Font.Bold Then
      Sheets("Sheet10").Range("E1:E10").Value = Evaluate("IF([B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Sheet10![/COLOR][/B]D1:D10="""","""",""" & Cell.Value & """)")
      Exit Sub
    End If
  Next
End Sub[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
I forgot to include the sheet reference inside the Evaluate function (see the red text above); however, I have come up with a faster routine that does not use a loop at all...
Code:
[tr]
  Dim CellVal As Variant
  Application.FindFormat.Clear
  Application.FindFormat.Font.Bold = True
  On Error GoTo NoBoldText
  CellVal = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:H100").Find("", SearchFormat:=True).Value
  Sheets("Sheet10").Range("E1:E10").Value = Evaluate("IF(Sheet10!D1:D10="""","""",""" & CellVal & """)")
NoBoldText:
End Sub
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rick Rothstein,

It shows me some error either #name? or #ref!.. pls help...

I forgot to include the sheet reference inside the Evaluate function (see the red text above); however, I have come up with a faster routine that does not use a loop at all...
Code:
[TABLE="width: 500"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Sub CopyBoldValueToSheet10RangeE1ToE10()
  Dim CellVal As Variant
  Application.FindFormat.Font.Bold = True
  On Error GoTo NoBoldText
  CellVal = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:H100").Find("", SearchFormat:=True).Value
  Sheets("Sheet10").Range("E1:E10").Value = Evaluate("IF(Sheet10!D1:D10="""","""",""" & CellVal & """)")
NoBoldText:
End Sub[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Upvote 0
Rick Rothstein,

It shows me some error either #name? or #ref!.. pls help...
I cannot duplicate that result... the code I posted in Message #8 works fine for me. I just noticed that you told us two different things in Messages #1 and #4... my code assumes the data is in Sheet1 in the range A1:H100 and the output is to go to Sheet10 range E1:E10 but only for those cells where a value is in range D1:D10 on Sheet10... is that the same as your current setup?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back