Macro to link to another workbook

shredda23

Hi guys, I am fairly new to VBA but I'm hoping someone can help me. I will try to explain what I need the code to do. I am an accountant and my main file that I am working on has a list of properties with their respective market values in the adjacent column as an example. The total at the bottom of this list must match the total in another workbook. So I need the macro to find the value in the other workbook and link it to my main workbook so I can see if there is a difference. The problem with me just doing it manually is that when someone adds a column in the other workbook, the link does not update itself so my main workbook links to the wrong cell after someone adds columns to the linked file. So the macro needs to the find the value in the other workbook, the link will always be offset one the right of the word "CJV subtotals". I have about 40 different links I need to add to around 8 different workbooks. If I see how one link works I could alter the code for the other links. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Maybe I have made this too complicated. Is it possible to perform a find function on another workbook to copy and paste a total to the current workbook I would be working on?
So the macro would say find total gross market value for a list of properties and then paste it in the workbook I am working on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back