Macro to move data from Workbook A Spreadsheet A Col. 3 into Workbook B - Spreadsheet B Col. 3

macrousr1

I have been tasked with creating a macro for this is a report that is run pretty frequently and it takes some time to put together. I tried recording the macro but it doesn't work out the way I intend for it too. I am not very familiar with VBA but a macro would greatly help with this process and shorten the production time.

The Objective: Pull in data from Workbook B - Spreadsheet B - Cols 3, 6, 9 and 12 into 4 blank columns in Workbook A Spreadsheet A. I pull in the data from Spreadsheet B into Spreadsheet A via a Vlookup against the cost center numbers and pull in the data contained in columns 3, 6, 9, and 12, respectively.

Background on spreadsheets: Spreadsheets A & B are pretty much mirrors of each other in terms of format. However, in spreadsheet A there are 18 columns (14 standard and 4 blank columns that I create) in each spreadsheet.

Spreadsheet A
Col 1: Cost center ; Col 2: Cost center Desc ; Col 3: Need Workbook B Spreadsheet B Col 3 data here ; Col 4: Illness

Spreadsheet B
Col 1: Cost center ; Col 2: Cost center Desc ; Col 3: Move data to Workbook A Spreadsheet A Col 3 ; Col 4: Illness

I'm using MS Office Excel 2010 - Basic Office Applications and MS Windows 7 Enterprise SP 1. Note: Each workbook contains other spreadsheets but I am only focused on working with Spreadsheets A & B, respectively.

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed Adel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back