Macros for changing data based on list sequence and printing

NickTheChick7684

Hello all! I am new to this message group and am hopeful that someone here can help me regain hours and hours of my time. I am currently tasked with producing packing lists and pick tickets for jobs outside of our system (don't get me started on that) and have been utilizing vlookup to do so. Essentially I am provided with an excel sheet that has all of the shipment information including items to be packed, and where to ship. This information is typically associated with a store or location number which becomes my lookup variable. I have created a packing slip and pick ticket that populates and changes shipment information each time a new store number is entered. While this in and of itself if a step in a quicker direction from what was previously happening I am hoping to take it a step further. Ultimately I would like to have that lookup variable change based on the list provided to me from our sales associates and print an entire array of packing lists and pick tickets automatically. For instance if there are 10 stores numbered 1-10 I would like to be able to set that variable and have excel print the packing list and pick ticket for store 1, then change the lookup variable to 2 and print that packing list and pick ticket, and so on. Is this possible?

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
This certainly sounds doable with VBA, but there is a lot to consider about the data and transition. Without knowing all the particulars of your data, I'd say a loop that steps backwards from the variable to 1 would do the trick, but where does the variable come from? How would the macro know how many stores are being processed?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riffburn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back