Mail Merge from Excel

kieroncsmith

Hello,

This is kind of a half excel issue and half excel so hopefully someone can help.

Im trying to do a mail merge from excel into word and I can get a page per person, however the excel contains the same person multiple times. For Example the excel contains "The recipient" and then the "Account Number" columns, some people have multiple accounts. So I would like all of those accounts (different rows in excel) to be included in a single letter to the person.

So something like the below;

Dear XX,

Your accounts details are:

Account1
Account2
Account3

Regards,
Me

The account numbers are all in the same column, and the number of accounts per person varies, so I cant convert them into individual columns without alot of manual work (over 300 recipients). Of course if someone can advise of a quick way to turn those rows into columns and have them populated that would be helpful. So I essentially have 1 row per person I can then do the mail merge (I think).

But really im looking for the simplest way to get 1 letter per person for all their accounts as mentioned above.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
This is what I do for a mail merge macro done entirely in excel. Do a VLOOKUP but use numbers (records) as the LOOKUP values. Select a cell and add 1 to it every time the macro is run. This will let you browse to the next record. Subtract 1 to go to a previous record. Every fields that changes needs to use the VLOOKUP function based off the cell that you selected that contains the record number.

Upvote 0
Thanks for such a quick reply Shyy but unfortunately as soon as you used the word Macro my brain didnt allow me to process anything as Ive never used them before.

Any chance you can show me an example?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouBa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back