Mail Merge not formatting correctly

chipsworld

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Have a quick question for the pros...

I have a mail merge setup through VBA that has worked perfectly for quite some time now. The source word file (.docx) has a header that includes a seal, and for some reason the seal has failed to be on the output document. Only a place holder for it.
This doesn't happen on all of the docs, just some, which is making me sort of crazy.

Just curious if anyone here has any ideas as to why this is happening, and if there is anything I can do to fix it.

Again, the seal is part of the header that is NOT part of the merge data. Just a page header.

I can tell you that the place holder for the seal contains a message that says: "The image part with relationship ID rld1 was not found in the file"

Just curious if anyone has any ideas...

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Just a thought.......

I use iphone for pics (jpg), etc.
Pics automatically upload to M/Soft OneDrive.
I then use a Windows 10 machine to view/edit pics.

Only fairly recently, my Windows platform has encountered trouble viewing SOME of the pics.
I understand that recently, Apple have introduced their new .heic format.
Despite having downloaded & installed a Windows "Fix" for this, it's not worked.

The result; I can sometimes view a particular photo, and other times, Windows says it can't view the .heic format - of exactly the same photo!.

Just wondered, as you're only recently experiencing this behaviour, whether it could be related?

Upvote 0
Sykes,
I don't think this is the case, as this is a simple header in a word doc that has existed for years.
If it happened regularly, I could figure it out, but it only happens maybe 1 in 15.

My mail merge creates individual documents, each with its own file name build from a name and date field, but nothing has any level of interaction with the header. It is a fixed part of the original doc.

Thanks for thinking outside the box though...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinneytwin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back