Min Function on Pivot Table with Dates

HansonBrothers003

I am trying to run a PivotTable that groups data by names with Dates, and then pull up the earliest time. The Min value function does not return any of the dates in my data. Dates/Times around 5/2/2012 7pm to 11pm returns 5/3/2016 at odd hours. Does anyone know what I can try? Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Can you share a copy of your workbook. It's hard to tell what might be going on from the description alone.

Upvote 0
I actually just found a way around it about 15 minutes ago. I'm not sure how to post my spreadsheet(I could send you a portion of it), but I used VLOOKUP function across the same entries( a concatonated Name&Loc) to sort out the lowest times. All things being equal, I confirmed VLOOKUP picked the first match. If you're interested to still see what I was trying to accomplish, I'd be more than happy to send you some of the data. Thanks for your replies! This was my first experience, and I think I'll use it in the future!

Upvote 0
Hi Hanson and welcome to the board:
To post data
You can download and install two of the following programs:

HTLMaker

or
Excel Jeanie

or when using Internet Explorer just put borders around your data in Excel and copy those cells into your post.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back