mm grid, column width, row height

Pak Mariman

1) Is there any excel 2013 template out there with which it is possible to print a millimeter grid on an A4-sheet of paper?

2) Is it possible in that grid from question 1 to match an (x,y) position on the excel screen with an (x,y) position on an A4-sheet of paper?

3) Can the column width and row height in mm be truly locked? If I enter a row height of 5.5 mm, excel auto-adjusts it to 5.29 mm.

Getting extremely frustrated by fact that excel fails at WYSIWYG.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
excel really doesn't operate at grid, as its more important to have cell contents and not their intersections. You maybe able to fudge a dot in the middle of a cell, keeping it consistently placed will be far more difficult

Upvote 0
excel really doesn't operate at grid, as its more important to have cell contents and not their intersections. You maybe able to fudge a dot in the middle of a cell, keeping it consistently placed will be far more difficult

So... your answer would be:
1) no
2) no
3) no

Is that correct?

Upvote 0
I don't think so, but I am surprised at times by others ingenuity. I'd do it in Visio, but I have that option

Upvote 0
Excel's row height and column width seem to be constrained to whole numbers of pixels. The best you can do is have the row pixels equal the column pixels.

If you just need graph paper printed, try Googling "print graph paper pdf" (without the quotation marks).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subhash Chand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back