MoreQuery for Mac 2.1

No permission to download

smozgur

BatCoder
Builders Club Member
smozgur submitted a new Excel article:

MoreQuery for Mac - More Power Query "Get Data" Options on Mac

What is 'MoreQuery for Mac' add-in?​

Starting in early 2023, we finally have a more powerful Power Query on Mac. However, there are some missing Get Data options which are essential for almost everyday use. I personally don’t understand why the development team didn’t include these essential options initially, but I decided to complete these options by creating an add-in until they implement them.

The add-in has been developed and tested on MacOS Ventura.

Read more about this Excel article...

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
smozgur updated MoreQuery for Mac with a new update entry:

Import files from subfolders

New Feature:
  • It is now possible to import files from the subfolders.
The Folder.Files function doesn't work correctly on Mac and fails to return the correct path information for nested folders. As a result, in previous versions, importing files from subfolders of the selected folder was not an option. However, in this new version, the Folder.Content function is being used instead. With the help of a custom function, files in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Suat, thanks for the amazing add in
does the function of adding only as pivot table should work on a Mac?
for me only the add as table is working, when I chose the PivotTable Report I get this error below
thanks
1687160091614.png
1687160108175.png
1687160122093.png
1687160193250.png

Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Hey Suat, thanks for the amazing add in
does the function of adding only as pivot table should work on a Mac?
for me only the add as table is working, when I chose the PivotTable Report I get this error below
thanks
Yes, it should work on Mac but it is not a built-in dialog that you see. So, bugs are possible for different scenarios.
Is it possible to learn more about your source data? Is it a table range or web data or?

I tried as an example, from a folder, just to see how it works
I'll try with web data and update you

it's working both with JSON and from Table/Range :)

it's working both with JSON and from Table/Range :)
Yes, I just saw From Folder result with the Pivot Table option and it fails as you said. I'll check it out.
Thanks for reporting this.

Yes, I just saw From Folder result with the Pivot Table option and it fails as you said. I'll check it out.
Thanks for reporting this.
It looks like another bug on Mac. I'll try to find a workaround to solve it in the add-in, however, in the meantime, just remove the binary column in the Power Query interface before you load it to a PivotTable. The table is not supposed to have any Binary column after transforming data already, however, it is something that could be expected and handled on Windows but Mac. On Mac, if there is a binary column and you want to load it to a pivot table, then it tries to load the binary field into the pivot cache and naturally it fails.

will do thanks
It looks like another bug on Mac. I'll try to find a workaround to solve it in the add-in, however, in the meantime, just remove the binary column in the Power Query interface before you load it to a PivotTable. The table is not supposed to have any Binary column after transforming data already, however, it is something that could be expected and handled on Windows but Mac. On Mac, if there is a binary column and you want to load it to a pivot table, then it tries to load the binary field into the pivot cache and naturally it fails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstapleton67

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back