Mouse not working right - No Drag and Drop, no Row Highlighting

marijkevn

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I did multiple online searches and could not find a solution. Hopefully someone here can help me. I work on Excel spreadsheets all day long. At the end of the day, I sent a spreadsheet to my home laptop to work on in the evening. The drag and drop would not work. I checked the settings; and it is enabled, so that was not the issue. Then I attempted to highlight a group of rows (to hide them). When I clicked (left) on the row margin and tried to move the mouse down to highlight the next four rows, all that happened was the row got taller. I cannot even highlight one row, if I hold my finger on the left mouse button it will flash the row, but won't highlight.

I attempted a reboot. hitting escape. moving the USB to a different port. Nothing works. And the excel was working fine a few days ago. Not sure what I did, I could really use your help.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Maybe: check the Property of the file on your USB, if you find that it is Blocked (box at the bottom) by Security, unBlock it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure how to check the property of my USB, I'll take a look for future reference. However, when I booted up this morning, the mouse was working again normally on my spreadsheet. Thank you for your quick response to my question!

Upvote 0
Maybe you had just installed some automatic Windows updates.
For Property of a file all you have to do is right-click the file and select.

Upvote 0
Yes, I know that much. Just how to find the file. I suppose I could just search for Logitech. Thank you again.

Upvote 0
okay, mouse is back acting weird. Properties doesn't have a security tab. Couldn't find anything blocked. Driving me nuts.

Upvote 0
Try a different mouse?

Does it act this way in all Excel files or just the one you sent from work to home?

Upvote 0
Any Excel file on my new laptop. Never happened on my old desktop. I've had the new ASUS for about 2-3 weeks. This problem just started on Friday. Fixed itself Saturday. Then was back not working yesterday. I'm about to open a file and see for today.

Upvote 0
left the room for a few minutes, came back and mouse is back to acting weird. I have to use the keyboard for most functions I'd usually use the mouse for.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCleaveland

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back