Moving Nth Row Right and Up, multiple times

Erichev

I have essentially the same issue with my spreadsheet, but mine is a little easier. I have written code to do the first few steps. I could just use some assistance with the middle. I know my thought on the process is "the long way", but with my experience in <acronym title="visual basic for applications" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">VBA</acronym> I have to keep it simple. Here is my data and then the way I want it to look. I can add a macro to make it pretty afterwards, unless your way is easier (and I understand what is happening). --Oh, I am trying to automate my inventory process.

I have a spreadsheet and i wish to move every nth cell in column A to the initial cells in the row.
example:
Cell A2 moves to E1
Cell A3 moves to F1
Until the end and then select all and sort by column B (this would get rid of blanks and sort everything) before moving to the pretty stage.

How the data comes in.
Starting.jpg

The way I would like it to look before I pretty it up.
Middle.jpg

And my Final Goal.
Final.jpg

This document is several thousand lines long. I made up the data to protect the weak. There can be duplicate usernames and vendors, but never serial numbers and computer names. Duplicates should be highlighted to be found easily and researched.

I ask a lot I know. I only need to get to the middle picture. After that I can modify with what I come up with. Every bit of help would be nice though. The step is 7 to help in the <acronym title="visual basic for applications" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">vba</acronym>.

I bookmarked this thread to reference all of the great material. I really appreciate your advice, explanation, and assistance. I have written some code for past projects. Had some issues, asked for help (got it of course) and was told I took the back roads instead of the interstate. I responded that this method allowed me to make a flowchart in my mind of the steps. I think/thought it is cool to see their suggestions for tidying up my code.

I have found it is a waste to Google my questions and follow the links. I just come to Mr.Excel and get the help I need.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Erichev,

Thanks for the feedback.

You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

And, come back anytime.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back