MrExcel logging me off !

I should have also said I use Firefox and Chrome and don't get logged out by either. i am pretty sure I do tick Remember Me in each.

Very odd... I stand corrected.

Well, you learn something new every day!

Very odd... I stand corrected

Joe, just to keep you updated, Firefox has an option for setting a "Master Password" - when the user ticks the "Remember me" button and when he enters Firefox master password whenever he opens Firefox on his computer (even if the user does not visit MrExcel) he is automatically logged onto the website. Hence when the user visits MrExcel, say, after an hour of surfing on other websites, he is automatically diverted to User Control Panel for MrExcel in his account.

Edit: I hope all is well. I do not get time to log onto the board because of very heavy workload - today in India, it was the Bank's half yearly closing, so I am rite now half dead :LOL:

Miss all you guys a lot :biggrin:

Hmm, and also the firefox master password works in the same manner for other websites which require a password to login, may it be Hotmail or Yahoo or any darn website :)

I use Firefox (version 3.0.3), password is saved, remember me is on, master password is off. It does not log me in automatically, but if I type R in the user name box, the rest is filled in. I too get kicked out after 10(ish) minutes of inactivity.

That is really wierd, I have never noticed getting kicked out? I've never once had to log in except for the first time and then I click remember me. I'm using IE6 and XP at work and I use IE7 and Vista at home. Both have the same result of always being logged in, but not sure if I have ever sat more than 10 minutes of inactivity? I'll test it sometime tomorrow at work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accountant606

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back