MS query help

chally3

Board Regular
Good afternoon all,

Is anyone familiar with Microsoft query via ODBC ? I am currently learning the ropes with this and have a query.
I have the extract below which pulls data out of our system from 01/01/15 onward, but I really wish to do is pull data from todays date -365 days (so I get a rolling years data every time I run the query) but I am struggling to do this.

Can anyone help with how I could rewrite the query below

WHERE PTMFILE.PTMPTNO = STHFILE.STHPTNO AND ((STHFILE.STHTYPE='A') AND (STHFILE.STHDATE>{d '2015-01-01'}) OR (STHFILE.STHTYPE='E') AND (STHFILE.STHDATE>{d '2015-01-01'}) OR (STHFILE.STHTYPE='G') AND (STHFILE.STHDATE>{d '2015-01-01'}) OR (STHFILE.STHTYPE='I') AND (STHFILE.STHDATE>{d '2015-01-01'}))

thank you,

Kind regards
Mark

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
The easiest way is just to do the date math directly in your sql statement, and that depends on the source database you are linking to (Access, Sql Server, etc)

If it's Access for example, you can use Now(), so your sql would be:

STHDATE >= (Now - 365)

Other databases uses different terms for today's date, SYSDATE, etc

If that doesn't work, you can set up parameters within MS Query:

In MS Query, in the criteria section, where you have '2015-01-01', replace that with a bracket and a dummy name, like [startdate]. Save and close the query, it will prompt you for a start date, just type any date.

Your results will be returned to worksheet. Now, right click anywhere within those results, and you will see a Parameters menu option. click it, and you can now point "startdate" to pull from a cell in your workbook. use an Excel formula to control the date in that cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back