Multiple condition Situation

vrachimis

Hi all.

This is a rather complex situation hopefully someone will be able to help.

I have 3 drop down menus as below.
Cell A1 -Cell with numbers in 50cm increments from 100 to 1000
Cell B1 - Cell with drop down menu which includes 3 types of rails.
Cell C1 - Cell with drop down menu which includes two types of rail sellers.

I need a formula that will calculate the price of the rail depending on the size of the rail, (Cell A1) the type of rail, (Cell B1) and the seller type. (Cell C1). Do note that there are 18 different size options, each with a different price. Each type of rails also carries a different price and each seller sells at a different price. So this means there could be 108 different price results. (18X3X2). So in this case i am not sure if the multiple condition statement would be of any help. I thought about concatenating all 108 options in a list hidden in the spreadsheet and then use a vlookup to get the price. This will most likely work, but i assume there must be a simpler way.
If anyone can assist it would be great.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
I think this is more down to product pricing than excel. Are these 108 different products each with an individual price and no "logic" to the calculation? If so, then I'd say that your concatenation idea is probably the only approach.
If however there is a logic to the pricing calculation (e.g. twice the length of rail will always be twice the price?), then it should allow a calculation based on a reduced number of options.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this is more down to product pricing than excel. Are these 108 different products each with an individual price and no "logic" to the calculation? If so, then I'd say that your concatenation idea is probably the only approach.
If however there is a logic to the pricing calculation (e.g. twice the length of rail will always be twice the price?), then it should allow a calculation based on a reduced number of options.

Actually the pricing logic is not consistent enough to make things simpler.

Upvote 0
If you list all the 108 possible options, a SUMIFS would return the price for the options chose.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parik11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back