Multiple Conditional Data Validations

Nathan Asius

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am attempting to insert various Validation lists in Cell D6 based upon Multiple conditions.
I have a Data Validation List from Table 1 in C3. And another Data Validation List from Table 2 in D6.
Whichever of the multiple AND conditions appear from those many permutations I would like any of the specific Data Validation Lists Defined with the multiple range names on the right show up.

I was beginning to enter in a very long IF(AND nested formula in my List box for cell D6 until I realized how long it would be before I lost track. I tried mapping it out on paper and speculated there must be a better way.
I looked up using Case Statements (VBA) realizing it is not ideal for this task either.

Any suggestions on the most efficient way to do this? Excel 365.

Thanks,
Nathan

Attachments

• Multiple Conditional DVL.png
    Multiple Conditional DVL.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 12
I understand the concept of what you are trying to do. I suppose what I don't understand is how the first two dropdowns = the third. Per your picture, how are you getting column I from the values 2 and 2B?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
This is what I understand you to want, or at least something similar. With the values entered as "9" (value 1) and "G" (value 2), that gave a result of "G9" as I understood from your original formula. Then "G9" is interpreted to reference the named range "G_9" and returns the values in the "G_9" named range. But your most recent image doesn't make logical sense how you got column I with the entered values.
1706119701730.png

Upvote 0
The lists shown in the sample and my actual workbook, are limited and pre-defined. There won't be any user input to make these dynamic as well as dependent. So every list/named range already exists in their entirety. These only have to dropdown in cell C16 based upon the user's selection in B16. And similarly, the dropdown in D16 is dependent upon what the user selects in the dropdown showing in D16. So the strings in the list in column I are not driven from anything prior.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back