Multiple Worksheets

Malcolmm

Hello,

I couldn't find this question anywhere else but I certainly apologize if it's redundant. I'll try to be a succinct as possible...

I have a tracking document (1) for people and their contact information. Within the same workbook, I have another sheet that tracks their involvement (2).

I have a form set up on the 1 to enter the information.

What I want...

Every time I enter a new person to 1, I want their name to be automatically entered onto 2.

2 is organized alphabetically and I would really like the person's name that is being added to the list to be slotted into the correct location, though I can handle having to sort manually if need be.

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
is the name in one cell or multiple cells?

which column and what row starts the names in sheet 1

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response.

The names start at B8 on the first sheet.

Something else I should mention...I don't want a link as I often sort the information on the first sheet by various means and so a link to a certain cell is not going to work.

I need the tool to take what I've entered and enter it on the second sheet and then be done with it, no other ties should exist. The more I type this the more it seems a tall request, but excel seems to be all-mighty, so I'm sure there is a way.

Upvote 0
There are multiple macros to do what you want

Do you enter new names at any given spot or just at the end of the list?

But
an index(match())on sheet 2 might work

if you want names to start in cell a2

in a2

=if(counta('Sheet1'!B8:B2000<?xml:namespace prefix = rows(a$2 /><rows(a$2:A2),"",INDEX('Sheet1'!$B$8:$B$200,MATCH(ROWS(A$2:A2)-1,COUNTIF('Sheet'!$B$8:$B$200,"<"&'Sheet1'!B$8:$BG$200),0)),0))< p> confirm with Control shift Enter
copy and paste down

I'm not really a macro oriented person
</rows(a$2:A2),"",INDEX('Sheet1'!$B$8:$B$200,MATCH(ROWS(A$2:A2)-1,COUNTIF('Sheet'!$B$8:$B$200,"<"&'Sheet1'!B$8:$BG$200),0)),0))<>

Upvote 0
In sheet 2 A3

=INDEX('Sheet1'!$b$8:$b$200,MATCH(ROWS(a$3:a3)-1,COUNTIF('Sheet1'!$b$8:$b$200," < "&'Sheet1'!b$8:$b$200),0))

again confirm with Control shift enter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riffburn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back