Name Manager showing #REF! errors relating to a query that no longer exists

9tanstaafl9

Forgive me, maybe this is just obvious, I've only recently discovered the Name Manager. I avoided upgrading to the ribboned version of Excel as long as possible but got drug kicking and screaming into it...

In the Name Manager, I see a #Ref! error for a named range (A name I never created BTW) called "MB7_Data_72". This particular query was deleted from the report a LONG time ago. I can't say about the named range, because I don't recall ever creating any such named range, and if you look under Data Connections, it isn't there anymore.

How do I get rid of it? How do I Find it? It says it's on the Projected Costs sheet, but it doesn't say where.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Nevermind, I just deleted most of the sheet in a hope of deleting that range, and it worked, and I still have the memory issue, so that actually wasn't the underlying problem. It was a red herring. If anyone knows a way to do a memory dump that would be great to know. Everything works fine until I get to a certain point in my macro, It LETS me get to that point every time and everything looks great, but then I can't even copy or paste a single cell because I've maxed my resources. (It's a really bad report I did back when I didn't know what I was doing at all) And if I could just purge the memory it would be cool.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JablesFTW

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back