Need help with Averageif using a date range.

coryh83

I have a pivot table that I am using to capture daily usage of items. In column A(outside the pivot table) I have a daily average formula that pulls the average of the range. I currently have to adjust the range each day when the pivot table is updated. How can I have the range in the average column auto adjust as new dates are added. Thanks for the help

MonthJanuary
AverageItem1/1/181/2/181/3/18Grand Total
10widget10101030

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
You can do that within the pivot: right click 'Grand Total', Summarize Values By> Average.

Upvote 0
I need the Grand Total column as well as the average. That is why I have opted to run the average outside the pivot table. Is there a way to have both inside the pivot table?

Upvote 0
There sort of is but you have to mess around a bit. You could either do that or i could give you a formula if you want but that still has caveats. I think id do it the pivot table way. Google multiple grand totals for pivots and contextures site does a good example.

Upvote 0
Actually scrap that. Just put the price or whatever the field is you want to sum and average in the values field of the pivot. Change one to sum and the other to average. Seems to work as intended.

Upvote 0
MonthJanuary
Row LabelsAverage of PriceSum of Price
widget1030
Grand Total1030

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3072;width:63pt" width="84"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3547;width:73pt" width="97"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2742;width:56pt" width="75"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpslyone

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back