Need help with logarithmic function

Margooox

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone!

I have a database in Google Sheets of materials (leather, steel, etc..) that have different modifiers (100%, 70%, etc...). This creates a curve that interpolates between the points.

My issue is that in Master!D:D I wrote the following formula:
Excel Formula:
=IF(E3<0, INDEX(MaterialData!$A$1:$F$13, MATCH(C3, MaterialData!$A$1:$A$13, 0), MATCH("Damage Modifier 1", MaterialData!$A$1:$F$1, 0)),
 IF(E3<=-20, INDEX(MaterialData!$A$1:$F$13, MATCH(C3, MaterialData!$A$1:$A$13, 0), MATCH("Damage Modifier 2", MaterialData!$A$1:$F$1, 0)),
 IF(E3<=-40, INDEX(MaterialData!$A$1:$F$13, MATCH(C3, MaterialData!$A$1:$A$13, 0), MATCH("Damage Modifier 3", MaterialData!$A$1:$F$1, 0)),
 IF(E3<=60, INDEX(MaterialData!$A$1:$F$13, MATCH(C3, MaterialData!$A$1:$A$13, 0), MATCH("Damage Modifier 4", MaterialData!$A$1:$F$1, 0)),
IF(E3<=-80, INDEX(MaterialData!$A$1:$F$13, MATCH(C3, MaterialData!$A$1:$A$13, 0), MATCH("Damage Modifier 5", MaterialData!$A$1:$F$1, 0)),

While this "works" it lacks granularity which makes it inexact. I would need a system that can take -73.5 and find the exact value from the curve, not just a broad bracket from -60 to -80.

I'm not great at math and am not trained in Excel/Google Sheets so I feel unsure as to wether I have the right idea with needing a logarithmic formula or if maybe it needed an array?
I tried making my own logarithmic curves but I need to make a curve with several bases (for my modifiers).

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated!

Feel free to add your own tab to the sheet here.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back