Nested If Statement with AND

Nichole09

Board Regular
I am hoping someone can correct my nested if statement belowto work properly. I am sure I am nesting incorrectly with using (AND( in themiddle of my formula. I could use the VLOOKUP but I am hoping to avoid it ifpossible. From what I have searched online it appears the AND or OR statementsseem to always be at the end of the formula. Does this have to happen in orderfor the code to work properly?

Can someone help me withthis code? I am getting an error message with this formula. “You’ve entered toomany arguments”. I do need the cells referenced below to stay in this order for the proper result to appear.

Code:
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]=IF(AB71>0, "File to be moved to Closed tab",IF(S65>0, "Final steps to be complete", IF(D68>0, "Documentsto be sent", IF(S54>0, "Signed Docs to be received",IF(and(AC39>0, AA7<>"Approved"),"Pending approval tosend Package", "Approval Received - package to be sent"),IF(AC33>0, "Docs to be acknowledged", IF(AC31>0, "Finaldocs to be sent", IF(AC29>0, "final docs to be approved to send",IF(Y31>0, "final figures to be balanced", IF(Y29>0, "feesto be received", IF(U41=TRUE, " fees to be requested", IF(OR(A37=TRUE,A38=TRUE),"File ready to review", ""))))))))[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Just a quick glance, but it appears to me where you added the "And" formula you then closed out your IF statement by putting in both a True and a False value. All of your other IF statements only have the True portion and then another IF for the false. That would be my guess as to why it is saying to many arguments.

Upvote 0
Just a quick glance, but it appears to me where you added the "And" formula you then closed out your IF statement by putting in both a True and a False value. All of your other IF statements only have the True portion and then another IF for the false. That would be my guess as to why it is saying to many arguments.

That helped a lot!!! I for some reason thought I had to close the if statement when I had AND. I corrected my formula and now it work. Thank you!

Code:
=IF(AB71>0, "File to be moved to Closed tab", IF(S65>0, "Final steps to be complete", IF(D68>0, "Documents to be sent", IF(S54>0, "Signed Docs to be received", IF(AND(AC39>0, AA7<>"Approved"),"Pending approval to send Package", IF(AND(AC39>0, AA7="Approved"),"Approval Received - package to be sent", IF(AC33>0, "Docs to be acknowledged", IF(AC31>0, "Final docs to be sent", IF(AC29>0, "final docs to be approved to send", IF(Y31>0, "final figures to be balanced", IF(Y29>0, "fees to be received", IF(U41=TRUE, " fees to be requested", IF(OR(A37=TRUE, A38=TRUE),"File ready to review", "")))))))))))))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdafasfasdf

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back