Nested IF's Excel 2003

MelG

Hi Excel Wizards! I understand excel 2003 has a limit of 8 nested if's, so would be grateful for a solution on how to get round a specific problem. The table of data is approx 5000 lines with Columns A to W. Formula below which works fine, sits in Column X and will be used on all rows. This is only half the formula with a further 8 IF statements required which will be very similar to the ones I've already included. Where it says Next IF Statement 1, I was trying to insert IF(LEFT(F6,2)="RA","Disposals Germany","Support Costs & Income Germany" but it would'nt work.. I could insert the IF statement without the (LEFT(F6,2)="RA" so I'm guessing even the number of nested LEFT functions are limited.Formula =IF(OR(LEFT(F6,1)="E",LEFT(F6,1)="F",LEFT(F6,1)="G",LEFT(F6,3)="NWA")=TRUE,"Double Entry",IF(LEFT(F6,2)="TX","Forex",IF(LEFT(F6,1)="L","Pay",IF(W6="ESG",IF(OR(LEFT(F6,2)="ND",LEFT(F6,2)="NC",LEFT(F6,2)="B"),"Hard FM ESG",IF(LEFT(F6,3)="NBA","Leases ESG",IF(LEFT(F6,2)="RA","Disposals ESG","Support Costs & Income ESG"))),IF(W6="HQ DIO Europe",IF(OR(LEFT(F6,2)="ND",LEFT(F6,2)="NC",LEFT(F6,2)="B"),"Hard FM ESG",IF(LEFT(F6,3)="NBA","Leases Misbooking","Next IF Statement 1")),"Next IF Statement 2")))))

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
You're be much better off creating a VLOOKUP table elsewhere in your workbook and then referncing that. Your current formula is far too long and excessive to be useful to anyone else having to work through it..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackpaz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back