Office subscription model

ajm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
ok. I understand the essential differences between the old licence style "ownership" of the Office application versus the subscription model. question though. If you are saving to your own local drive, you can open and edit existing docos when there is no internet connection. can you also create new documents if you are offline? What happens to the flash drives full of documents in word, excel, ppt, visio, access etc that i have collated over the years if they are ever opened in the subscription software? do they have to then be opened every month ad infinitum so that they aren't rendered useless by the restrictions that dictate files have to be opened every 25 days?

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Having 365 does not affect your files. You can create new ones offline. There is no restriction that says that files have to be opened every 25 days - that would be commercial suicide.

Upvote 0
In a section about being online, one of the Microsoft support pages on the topic says:

"You should connect to the internet regularly to keep your version of Office up to date and benefit from automatic upgrades. If you don’t connect to the Internet at least every 39 days, your applications will go into reduced functionality mode, and you might see an unlicensed product error. To reactivate your Office applications, simply reconnect to the internet and sign in to Microsoft 365."

I misread it, I think, to mean each file had to be accessed while online, as opposed to just being online for any old reason.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back