Worf

Organization Chart with VBA – Part 4

Worf

Worf submitted a new Excel article:

Organization Chart with VBA – Part 4 - This version offers a user interface for fine tuning

A request came up to accommodate wide boxes. Since it would be complicated to modify the core algorithm, I opted to prepare an interface where the user will be able to adjust the chart to their liking.

You will be presented with a basic chart without connectors; bring up the user form and arrange the boxes using the available options. When everything is ready, add the connectors.

Here is a more detailed description:

• Run the main routine to create the chart
  • Run the user form...

Read more about this Excel article...

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
This is some crazy development that you have done. Much thanks for your help, Wolf.
Sorry to bother you but I have one question. Do you think translating this into an ExcelScript would be feasible?

Hello

One of the VBA features I used was the ability to add Smart Art. Excel scripts do not seem to currently do it, so at this time it is not possible to translate.

Is there a way to make this work for org-charts where you have entities that are "owned" by multiple entitites? I haven't seen it discussed anywhere (but can very well have missed something).

For example, if I want to make the org-chart in the submitted picture, the code seems to run into errors, presumably because of B1 being owned by multiple entities and E1 being owned by multiple entities.

pic.png

I'm fairly new to all of this so I'm sorry if I missed including some important info.

Hi

I am currently busy with another project but in a few weeks, I plan to analyse this case.

Awesome! I really love the work you've done so far, it's really cool what you've created

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reidel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back