Page numbering with multiple worksheets

trishtomorrow

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. I want to print the entire workbook and have the page numbering of each worksheet read "page 1 of total number of pages per worksheet" (not the entire workbook); e.g. if worksheet 1 has 23 pages the page numbering will read page 1 of 23, page 2 of 23 and if worksheet 2 has 44 pages the page numbering will read page 1 of 44, page 2 of 44, etc.

I know how to get the total number of pages in the entire workbook to print or how to print each worksheet separately to achieve what I want; however I want to print the entire workbook and get this result.

Thanks in advance.

(P.S. I tried to search and for some reason the search seemed frozen...I would type in a Search and hit Search and nothing happened.)

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
As far as I know the only way to get what you want is to print one worksheet at a time. You could do that via a macro if you want to avoid having to do it manually. The macro recorder should give you the code.

Upvote 0
Do you know a macro for this? Adobe Acrobat Pro PDFMaker (add-on for MS Office suite) used to do this automatically when you selected “Sheet(s)” as the conversion range when creating a PDF from an Excel workbook, but the functionality was lost in Acrobat Pro 10. For me, the full request is to do the numbering described by trishtomorrow and also retain the PDF conversion functionality where worksheet tab names become bookmarks in the resulting PDF.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greggy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back