"Pivot Table cannot overlap Another Pivot Table" m

mbinva

Help! I have a workbook full of pivot tables from which I create reports (with 2 worksheets of corresponding data). For some unknown reason, this month when I updated the data and went to refresh the pivot tables, I get the following message: "Pivot Table cannot overlap Another Pivot Table"

There is no reason for me to get this message - I did not change the layout on the worksheet and there is not more than one pivot table on the sheet. Further, I get this on many of my sheets, not just one. I also tried going back to an earlier version of my file, updating it, and the same thing happened.

Can anyone help me with this? I really do not want to have to recreate my workbook/pivot tables, and I do not want to run across this in the future without a solution.

Thanks much.

Found this Macro online to try to list overlapping Pivot Tables in each sheet. However, when I try to put this into my spreadsheet, nothing happens. Is this the correct code?

Sub list_all_pivottables_on_worksheets_with_more_than_one_pivotable()
For Each ws In Worksheets
If ws.PivotTables.Count > 1 Then
For Each pt In ws.PivotTables
Debug.Print ws.Name & ":" & pt.Name
Next pt
End If
Next ws
End Sub

Thanks!

Andrea

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Re: "Pivot Table cannot overlap Another Pivot Table&quo

Are you sure? Do you have any hidden columns/rows?

I have a workbook with multiple pivot tables in various sheets. In one of them there are several pivots. I had this issue while refreshing a very small pivot on one of the sheets with no other pivots around or no hiden rows or columns. When we refresh a single pivot, normally all pivots get auto refreshed, so I added a few rows and columns in between multiple pivots to accomodate some extra data that had changed. The issue was resolved for all pivots. Thanks to all for this post. it helped to get a clue.

Upvote 0
Re: Figured it out!

I get this message too and am struggling with it. I get it when I refresh a graph however it refreshes multiple graphs at once so I don't always know which table is attempting to overlap the next. I have been through all the pivot tables (there are at least 30) and they all have sufficient space to expand.

When I hit ok, does MS automatically insert rows/columns in order to expand the tables or does it delete rows in other tables etc? Reason I ask is that sometimes it updates the graphs anyway and sometimes it will not.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k_bs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back