Pivot Table Help

Maverick494

Board Regular
Okay, I am using 6 sheets (yes it has to stay across 6 sheets) to try and make a pivot table that shows me counts. There are two columns that I need to get data out of on each sheet, column 1 would be all the same name I am counting EG. DATACENTERNAME1; column 2 has different names DATACENTERROOMNAME1, 2, 3, etc. I need it to break the data out in the following manner

Column 1 - Total count from DATACENTERNAME1
Column 2 - count for DATACENTERROOMNAME1
Column 2 - count for DATACENTERROOMNAME2
Column 1 - total count from DATACENTERNAME2
Column 2 - count for DATACENTERROOMNAME1
Column 2 - count for DATACENTERROOMNAME2

I can get it to give me just column 1, but all the columns come up under "Columns" when I use ALT+D+P and consolidate multiple tables and I can't get it to subsort multiple columns. I tried choosing each column individually, but I get an error about using single rows for some reason.

Ideas?

Last edited:
PS

Just in case the (reporting/output/data management) requirements are simple, be aware that mdb files can be used to store the data without needing MS Access. So, Excel to do all the work except the tables (and maybe some queries) in an mdb file. The important point here is that one doesn't need MS Access software to have mdb files. This could be a pain to manage and I think only a likely option if you had basic requirements and REALLY preferred to stay in Excel. Like I wrote just above, it can be so much custom work in Excel to create what MS Access does natively that this would be an unlikely choice.

cheers

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back