Placing User form

BernieMtl

Board Regular
I have created a user form (thanks Datsmart), and now need to place the data that will be inserted in that userfom onto my spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet will have 50 rows, each containing a different project. There will be a button on each row to activate the user form for that specific row. They click the button on the spreadsheet, and the user form opens. They enter the data on the user form, and once they click the "add comment" button on the user form, the data should be entered in the last cell of the row on which the button is located.

Now the complicated part:

The users will use that for to update the project from week to week, but each week's comment needs to go in the same cell, but above the previous comment.

IE:

Week 1

Jan 1: Project lauched

Week 2

Jan 6: Project budget submitted

Week 3

Jan 22: Budget approved
Jan 6: Project budget submitted

The date being the date from the user form, and the comment being the comment from the user form. If the latest date can be bolded that would be a bonus.

They each have to go in the same cell cause all relate to the same project. This same thing will be repeated 50 times for each different project.

H Norie, didnt realize you were back!

I have 6 columns:

Project number - Team Lead - Client, Budget - Comletion date - latest activity

#2343 - John - Xerox - $230,000 - Aug. 26, 2008 - Jan 1, 2007: Budget has been approved

#2445 - Michel -ABC Inc - $26,000 - July 7, 2007 - Jan 22, 2006: Budget has yet to be completed, awating input from Engineering

etc

The first 5 collumns are stagnant, and will never change throughout the project. The only one that will be updated on a weekly basis will be the "latest activity" collumn.

So in week 2 the above 2 projects would look like this:

#2343 - John - Xerox - $230,000 - Aug. 26, 2008 -
Jan 23, 2007: Materials under study
Jan 1, 2007: Budget has been approved

#2445 - Michel -ABC Inc - $26,000 - July 7, 2007 -
Jan 23, 2007: Budget approved
Jan 22, 2006: Budget has yet to be completed, awating input from Engineering

The latest activity (in the example they are dated Jan 23) are what I am looking to control by using the dataform. I want them to be entered in the same cell as the previous activity, but on a different line and above the last activity.

It simply to maitain some sense of order in the activity area of the report. As they all fill it in differently (each use a different date format, some hit alt-enter to get to the next line within the same cell, but most do not etc), and by the time it gets back to me it is a mess, and I have to spend a day tidiying it up.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
This is what I added:

Private Sub cmdadd_Click()
Range(rangeref) = Comments.date1:comment.Value & vbCrLf & Range(rangeref).Value
End Sub

cmdadd: Name of the button to click when you are ready to add the comment

Comments: the name of the userform

date1: the date of the first text box on the uder form

comment: the name of the second textbox on the user form.

Now, how do I place the "date1" and "comment" in cell J11? and the next time the same cell is clicked, how do I again place the info in cell J11, but above the preceeding comment?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Jake

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back