Power Bi Parameters

dicken

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
Can anyone advise or let me know if they've had the same problem, I do not have a create button on the parameters dialog box,
is there a way round this? I have uninstalled reinstalled / repair etc. But I have never had one, I tend to use power pivot so it's not
a huge problem but there are some scenarios where it would be useful. Any suggestions on how to fix or by pass.

Richard

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I’m not sure which dialog box you are referring to, but there is an option in PQ, under the view menu from memory but I could be wrong, that “always allows parameters”. Without this option turned on, some dialogs don’t allow the creation of parameters.

Upvote 0
Hi ,
I tried checking the always allow, I did not think it would make a difference and didn't. to my knowledge there is no way
to get a parameter created in power query back into power bi, which still leaves me with the problem that I can't create a parameter
to use in a measure. I've been to options / settings and can't find anything in the documentations regarding the the absence of a create option, I have the add slicer check box but nothing else, I've tried various keyboard keys but none have worked.

Upvote 0
can you post an image of what you see
Re not seeing the create box on the parameter dialog box I have found if you go to settings and change the scale layout to 100% from 125% it then appears. I did not figure this myself, it was through MS fabric help, apparently it's a problem that has been reported.
Another suggestions was to use Gernerateseries and then Selected or IF Hasnonevalue to create something that can be used as paramter.

Richard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back