Print to PDF in Excel 2003

brianburen

:confused:

I have read many posts on this and everyone says to goto 3rd party software.

I tried to get my IT Dept to install some of the pdf printers and such to no avail.

Has no one come up with a code that will print muliple worksheets to a single PDF file?

How does Excel 2007 do the save as PDF? Can that not be mirrored to work in Excel 2003?:biggrin:

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
There are loads of free PDF creators that work as "printers" but if your IT police wont let you install these or buy an "official" one from Adobe I think you are stuck unless you upgrade to 2007 (where you need to download an add-in to do it - I think 2010 has this as standard but I have 2010 at home and not here at work). The plug in does not allow you to append more than one worksheet into a single file (the official Adobe one and most of the paid for versions of the free converters do). It can be a bit of a pain getting them to work in VBA.

The 2007 plug-in will not work with 2003 and downloads in an .exe install file so I am afraid that you can't rename it and see how it is done like you can with a lot of add-ins :( (unless of course someone has worked out how to break into it and even then you may not be able to use it if it relies on some 2007 features).

However if you are really stuck (and have hours to waste) how about using an online pdf creator (like <CITE>www.freepdfconvert.com I just Googled this - I have not tried it and there are dozens of competitors) and writing VBA to drive the website from Excel. Most of these free sites limit you to either the number or size of the documents that you create unless you become a paid member though.</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuppies466

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back