Priting a certain cell out to the screen

seasmith

Thank you ahead of time if you can help me with this. I have information in column 12 that has conditional formatting that turns the text read if certain requirments are not met. I've been trying to write code that goes thru column 12 to see which are in red and then returns the information in column 1 if column 12 is red. I seem to be stuck with no success so any help would be much appreciated

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I don't think that there is a Range property that directly identifies the "currently displayed" color appearance of a cell when that color appearance might be coming from a Conditional Formatting (CF) rule being TRUE.

If you know the CF rule for a cell that will make it appear "Red", a quick and easy way to test if the cell is red is just to have VBA or worksheet formula do it's own test to see if the CF rule should evaluate TRUE for that cell.

If your code needs to be more general purpose, you'll need to go through the FormatConditions associated with that cell or range.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IslandofBDA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back