R1C1 Reference Style

wtsabo

I've created a workbook with multiple sheets. When I update multiple sheets at one time, the workbook has switched to R1C1 Referencing on the sheets I'm not viewing. Is there anyway to prevent Excel from making this change? Its driving me crazy.

Thank you
- T

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
wtsabo,

I never ran into the issue you are having but this might help. There is a setting in Excel that causes R1C1 referencing. Maybe your setting is not correct.

Navigate to Excel > Options > Formulas > Working with formulas. There is a check box next to R1C1 reference style. Make sure it is unchecked.

Best of luck,

G/L

Upvote 0
How do you know what reference style is being used by a sheet that you aren't viewing?

I know the reference style is not "R1C1" in the sheet I'm viewing, which should be the same for the entire workbook (I thought). Once I make a change to multiple sheets, I select each sheet that changed to R1C1 reference style of the modified formula and fix the R1C1 formula. Why would one sheet be R1C1 and another be default referencing style? I use Excel quiet extensively everyday. I have never selected R1C1 referencing style. It seems strange to me that Excel would modify this setting without the user.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subhash Chand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back