Range reference and return

PritiOne

Hello. Hope all had a wonderful holiday!

I am looking for help on the folowing:

I have 3 defined ranges, say Range 1, Range 2, and Range 3 defined on a sheet in a workbook.
On another sheet "Input Sheet" I have a list input by a user.

I need to know how to write a formula (could be elsewhere in the workbook) so that if the user chooses at lease 1 "product" from Rang 1, and at least one "product" from Range 2, and at least one "product" from Range 3 on the "Input Sheet" a result would follow as "1% discount".

Please let me know if you need any further information & Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Looks ok.

Did you Ctrl + shift + enter? ( you can see the curly brackets around the formula in the formula bar if done correctly)

Upvote 0
Yes, I saw the curly brackets and he formula reads 0%, but when I go to the sheet where I add products I addes one product from each range and one product not included in any range and the result didn't change... remained 0%.

I entered the formula on the Instructions Sheet, and entered the products on the Input Sheet.. and the products themselves are on a ProductList Sheet.. does that matter?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
No it should not matter.

Try highlighting the different parts of the formula and press F9 to evaluate. Then you might see wich part that fails. Each MAX(...) should return 1 if it is a match in that table.

Upvote 0
The formula Fairwinds proposed can be simplified a bit...

=IF(COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,MedMains,0))*COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,Connect,0))*COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,Assessment,0)),1%,0%)

which you still need to confirm with control+shift+enter.

Upvote 0
Hello all...

I am a second stage on this same issue where I have to edit my formula so that if a product from range 1 and product from range 2 and product from range 3 are selected a discount will apply... BUT if a product from range 4 is selected, the discount does not apply... How do I add this to the formula:

=IF(MAX(--ISNUMBER(MATCH(NewProdList,MSDiscMain,0)))*MAX(--ISNUMBER(MATCH(NewProdList,Connect,0)))*MAX(--ISNUMBER(MATCH(NewProdList,Assessment,0))),10%,0%)

Upvote 0
Building on Aladin's simplified formula:

=IF(COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,MedMains,0))*COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,Connect,0))*COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,Assessment,0))*(COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,RangeFour,0))=0),1%,0%)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help.. but I am not getting the desired result.

I am using the following formula:

=IF(COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,MedMains,0))*COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,Connect,0))*COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,Assessment,0))*(COUNT(MATCH(NewProdList,NotEligible,0))=0),1%,0%)

Logic:

If at least 1 product from MedMains, AND Connect, AND Assessment are ordered then customer receives a 10% discount.

If at least 1 product from MedMains, AND Connect, AND Assessment AND NotEligible are ordered then customer receives a 0% discount.

I am truing to edit the formula, and am running into difficulties... HELP!!! Thanks in advance for your time!

Upvote 0
I found my error.. Thank you for the formula!

Can I add a second range to search for the same data, so that I can search NewProdList and ExpList for the same data... some "required" products might be in NewProdList OR ExpList.

Thanks again for the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
al mugheen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back