Re:- Text Format in Forums ---o00o---`(_)`---o00o---

Re: - Text Format in Forums ---o00o---`(_)`---o00o---

Hi Scott,

Yeh that is what I was trying to do,. Also, I was trying to do the same by copying from the VBA Editor.

But I will try some of Peter's sugesstions Later

Alan

Hi Scott,
. Yeah, that’s right; I was trying to copy from Microsoft Word and have the formatting remain intact when posting here. Also I was trying to do the same using the text editor in VBA.
. I will be trying out Peter’s suggestions as well
Thanks
Alan

Thanks Peter,
. I’ll try everything out as I go along… everything has been going fine with replies today (I think.. but I may have sent a few unknowingly twice?? – better too many none at all!!)
Alan

Dr. (Physik) Alan Elston
Schleizerstrasse 111
Studentenberg.
95028/Hof
Germany

Email:- The Elstons..
Doc.AElstein@t-online.de or Fahrradprinzessin@t-online.de

.. if you want to display vba code with colours there are two options I would recommend.

1. Use code tags as described in the last line of my signature block. You still have to do any colour, bold etc manually (in the reply window, not where you are composing if composing elsewhere) but it can be displayed like this:
Rich (BB code):
Sub widerColumns()
  Dim c As Long

'Set extra width
  Const Extra As Single = 1.5

For c = 1 To ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count
    With Columns(c)
      .ColumnWidth = .ColumnWidth + Extra
    End With
  Next c
End Sub

Just a quick note, not too important:-

. I sometime see an annoying Bug by changing word color as you suggest within the Code block mamually:- If I select (highlight) a word, (or letters or whatever), And then click on a new color, there is an offset of a couple of letters to the right. That is to say a few letters to the left of what I selected (highlighted) do not get changed and at the same time a few letters to the right which I did not select(Highlight) do get changerd!? I then have to go back and forth to correct, which can take several attempts.
. This problem can additionally stop the code tags from working if this” Offset” causes a slip into the code tags
.In my last Thread “ http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...op-end-condition-can-changed.html#post3855323 “ I didn’t do any corrections, so you can see the problem there!
. (Incidentally, while I was looking at that I found by chance a way of copying directly from Word to Mr Excel without losing Format…see Test/ Practice Thread “ http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/test-here/787925-code-tag-color-change-problem.html#post3855272

Alan

Glad you are happy on that front now. :)

Now, for the next issue ..
.. if you want to display vba code with colours there are two options I would recommend.

2. Use the VBHTML Maker - the very last link in my signature block. That allows you to display code that automatically uses the same colours as the vba editor like this or like this.

Hello,
. I followed the instructions in your WORD Document “ MrExcelHtml Guide “ for boththe instillation of HtmlMaker20101230.xla and VBHTMLMaker.xla
"………..Installation

1. Download the file (a standard .xla add-in file)and place it in your add-ins folder or a directory location of your choice(add-ins folder on my PC is located at C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns
2. Open Excel and go to Tools>Add-Ins and place acheck next to the MrExcelHtml file (if you don’t see it in the list you willneed to click on Browse and locate the file manually).
3. That’s it! It should be ready to be used now, and should be available every timeyou re-open Excel until you uncheck it from the Add-Ins list. ……………………….”

. They bothseem to be there, that is to say I have them! They are listed in my Add-inslist and I have them checked now in the Add-Ins list. The HtmlMaker20101230.xlais there now in the VBA project Window. The VBHTMLMaker.xla is not. Every timeI open Excel a small warning Window opens with the title VB HTML Maker . Thewarning says “Access to the VB project isnot trusted
. I am usingExcel 2007 (German version).
. All I wantto do is copy my code as it is in my code window and paste it in the forum. Ido not see from the instructions in your WORD Document “ MrExcelHtml Guide “ anobvious way to do this???
. Come to think of it, I do also not see from the instructions how to to display code that automatically uses thesame colours as the vba editor “ (Where doI find the code that I generate or how do I generate it???)
. I am still a bit new… maybe I’ve missed something obvious??

Alan
P.s.I used my empirically derived method for pasting in this from WORD which allows me to keep the format (but unfortunately misses out a space between some words??)

Last edited:

P.s.I used my empirically derived method for pasting in this from WORD which allows me to keep the format (but unfortunately misses out a space between some words??)
Another "unfortunately" is that it makes it hard to quote parts of your post because of all the extra formatting tags that have to be removed or kept in pairs. :(

Try clicking 'Reply with Quote" at the bottom of your post above this one then compare that with clicking that same button on this post.

I followed the instructions in your WORD Document
The Word document was written for the MrExcel HTML Maker only, not the VBHTMLMaker.

Every timeI open Excel a small warning Window opens with the title VB HTML Maker . Thewarning says “Access to the VB project isnot trusted
Click the Office button at the top left of the Excel window -> Excel Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings... -> Macro Settings -> Tick "Trust access to the VBA project object model" -> OK -> OK

See if that gets you closer.

Hello,
. I followed the instructions in your WORD Document “ MrExcelHtml Guide “ for boththe instillation of HtmlMaker20101230.xla and VBHTMLMaker.xla
"………..Installation

1. Download the file (a standard .xla add-in file)and place it in your add-ins folder or a directory location of your choice(add-ins folder on my PC is located at C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns
2. Open Excel and go to Tools>Add-Ins and place acheck next to the MrExcelHtml file (if you don’t see it in the list you willneed to click on Browse and locate the file manually).
3. That’s it! It should be ready to be used now, and should be available every timeyou re-open Excel until you uncheck it from the Add-Ins list. ……………………….”

. They bothseem to be there, that is to say I have them! They are listed in my Add-inslist and I have them checked now in the Add-Ins list. The HtmlMaker20101230.xlais there now in the VBA project Window. The VBHTMLMaker.xla is not. Every timeI open Excel a small warning Window opens with the title VB HTML Maker . Thewarning says “Access to the VB project isnot trusted
. I am usingExcel 2007 (German version).
. All I wantto do is copy my code as it is in my code window and paste it in the forum. Ido not see from the instructions in your WORD Document “ MrExcelHtml Guide “ anobvious way to do this???
. Come to think of it, I do also not see from the instructions how to to display code that automatically uses thesame colours as the vba editor “ (Where doI find the code that I generate or how do I generate it???)
. I am still a bit new… maybe I’ve missed something obvious??

Alan

Testing Reply with Quote ......." Try clicking 'Reply with Quote" at the bottom of your post above ......................................... "

Another "unfortunately" is that it makes it hard to quote parts of your post because of all the extra formatting tags that have to be removed or kept in pairs. :(

Try clicking 'Reply with Quote" at the bottom of your post above this one then compare that with clicking that same button on this post.

The Word document was written for the MrExcel HTML Maker only, not the VBHTMLMaker.

Click the Office button at the top left of the Excel window -> Excel Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings... -> Macro Settings -> Tick "Trust access to the VBA project object model" -> OK -> OK

See if that gets you closer.

Testing Reply with quote ...." Try clicking 'Reply with Quote" .................................................. then compare that with clicking that same button on this post. "

Testing Reply with quote ...." Try clicking 'Reply with Quote" .................................................. then compare that with clicking that same button on this post. "

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebc9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back