Rename Tab Monthly to a fixed cell reference on 31 sheets

Eeyora

Hi,
I am new to this forum and haven't posted but more searched and tried to find a solution to what I need and I haven't found quite what I need so I will post and hope I can get an answer.

I have 6 status sheets that have each working day (6 branches) that show how many payments were Money Orders, Discover, Visa etc. And the type in that were they walk ins, phone ins or mail ins. I have a summary sheet for each one of these. That part is already worked out. So each sheet has the date (like for December the tabs would be Summary, 12-1-13, 12-2-13, etc all the way to the 31st. I have a lot of formulas in there and I don't want to recreate this each month so I would love to save the file for the next month and just have the tabs reflect the new dates and zero out the daily info. I have done this manually and realized there has to be a way to automate this. I tried one macro I found online that did rename the tabs but it wiped out what was on the sheets so that's no good. Others I found won't work because of the "/" rule.

What I have done so far is on one of the current work books I have 31 days of course for December. I put in A1 the next future date 1-1-14 and then the next tab I put 1+the previous tab and so forth so each day increments. So now I want a macro to put it in the tab like this: 1-2-14, 1-3-14 etc. I have 31 sheets so I am thinking this should be ok but I cannot get it to update the tab because of the "/" problem.

The final product I want is one workbook with the daily data from the previous month that I can zero out and the summaries would reflect that and then rename it the new month after I change the A1 to a different month/date and the other sheets will update and then save it as each of the 6 branches in one fell swoop and the employees can fill them out daily with new information and my formulas on the summaries stay as is. I am not a vba expert by any means. Is there anything that can be done or a workaround? This is an ongoing project for me to update each month. It took quite a while to set it up and then it took a while to replicate it for the next month. So starting for January I want it to be easier and not so laborious to do.

Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Welcome to MrExcel.

Why can't you just name your worksheets 1 to 31 and use the workbooks name to determine to which month it relates? Personally I would put all the data on one worksheet with a column for the day number.

Upvote 0
Welcome to MrExcel.

Why can't you just name your worksheets 1 to 31 and use the workbooks name to determine to which month it relates? Personally I would put all the data on one worksheet with a column for the day number.

I did name them. The tabs say 1, 2, 3 etc. But I want it to say 1-1-14, 1-2-14 etc. My supervisor wants it this way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sphere2215

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back