Restricted Access Not Allowing Approved Users Access

AcornNut

Board Regular
I have a workbook with multiple tabs (months) to keep track of employee's work days and time off. I want everyone to be able to open and read the workbook to see their time and schedule, but I only want a select few (supervisors) to have permission to make changes without needing a password (eventually the password gets out and employees start making changes themselves without telling anyone). I tried using Restrict Access and selected "everyone in organization" as having permission to read the workbook, and I added the select few to have permission to change by using their email addresses (which Excel appears to be recognizing). The problem is, not everyone on the "approved" list is able to make changes. They get an error message saying that Rights Managment doesn't allow them to make changes, but when I go in and look at who has permissions, their names are in the list. They've tried clearing their certificates and restarting their computers, but that didn't help.
I'm using Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2208 Build 16.0.15601.20590) 64-bit

Can anyone please help me?

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back