Running out of resources - how do I start over/clear?

9tanstaafl9

Hi everyone. Quick question.

I am trying to use VBA to subtotal a relatively small amount of information, and on one (out of a hundred or so jobs) I am failing and getting an error message saying that Excel does not have enough resources to complete the task. (And I've tried this on many very good computers, so I know that it isn't a machine issue.) I am also quite sure that the subtotaling is not the issue either, as I have run the report with jobs with thousands more rows without issue, it is a small job that has a problem.

I've given up trying to solve this the logical way, I've spent weeks on this. I just don't care anymore WHY it is happening. (Well I do, but I have a life and I need to move on.) I think I could solve the problem so accounting could get their numbers if I could just stop whatever process was happening to kill the resources - I just want to clear or dump out the memory and start over at BEFORE I start the subtotal process (which is why I haven't posted the code here). I'm not copying or pasting data, I have nothing in memory that I need. Is there any way to make Excel just stop what it is doing and just run my ****ed subtotal?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nameless_

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back