Search by UserName on MrExcel.com

KeepTrying

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Guys,

I clicked on "Advanced Search" on the top right of the page and tried to search by user name. I provided a valid name then hit OK but there was no result. Do you know what could be the reason of it?
Even If I search for my user name I get one hit only.

Thank you,

KeepTrying

Last edited:
vBulletin search has always been fairly useless. I suggest you use google and include site:mrexcel.com in the search.

At the moment** I Get this for Your name. ( Make sure you do not have an extras space at the end as you may get if you copy your name from some places in MrExcel )

If i am not logged in, I have to go through this:

But**
I have always found the MrExcel Search a bit unpredictable and inconsistent.
I also find the site:MrExcel.com bit better, as I note in my signature

Alan

Dear Guys,

Thanks for your help. If I search for my name I see now 2 posts: "Search by UserName on MrExcel.com" and "Wordpress plugin to show VBA code snippet (syntax highlighter)". I'll rather use Google as suggested.

Have a great day.

Kind Regards,

.... If I search for my name I see now 2 posts: "Search by UserName on MrExcel.com" and "Wordpress plugin to show VBA code snippet (syntax highlighter)". I'll rather use Google as suggested.......,

Yep, that is exactly what happens to me sometimes. You will see it is just showing your started Threads. ( Some of them - usually I get at least all of them....

No idea why that sometimes happens!!

The Mr Excel Search is / was All a bit inconsistent and unpredictable.
But all good fun :) :-
All in all MrExcel Software is thankfully very reliable.. The Mods, etc keep it going good .

The vBulletin Built-In Search was never good apparently, and the “Google Site:MrExcel search thing has been recommended for sometime, it seems to catch a lot of useful MrExcel Threads for me. I use it a lot.
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/174000-searching-mrexcel-com-forums-tips.html

Alan

( BTW...For checking your own stuff, you probably know already about the t your user CP etc.. .....
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/929480-embarrassing-question.html

Hi Guys,

I clicked on "Advanced Search" on the top right of the page ...
Then click on the 'Search Single Content Type' tab. That area works much better for me.

Hi Alan,

Thanks a lot for the links and reminder :)

Have a great day.

Last edited:
Then click on the 'Search Single Content Type' tab. That area works much better for me.

Thank you, it's quite useful to know. Unfortunately there is no "User Name" option under 'Search Single Content Type' but for other searches I'll try it.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
99% of the time user name won't be useful, its about the excel, and not whose posting it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppellatePerson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back