Shape objects distorting on Mac only (not Windows)

rline101

Board Regular
I'm at a loss with this one. I have a workbook with a number of sheets, and on some of those sheets are a lot of shapes. These are used to create a 3D representation of a Rubik's cube. There are macros running things behind the scenes. When I use this workbook on any windows machine running any version of excel (from 2010 up to 2021), everything displays perfectly. Here is an example:
correct display.png

Note that all the lines look normal and it looks like a cube (albeit a strange one :)).

When it runs on a mac (running Excel 16), this is what happens:

faulty.png

However, on the three sheets where these shapes are setup, it is happening on two of the sheets only. The other sheet displays normally.

The obvious assumption would be that the vba code is somehow different on that page, but it's the same (I wrote one set of code and copied it across to other pages [and adjusted where need be]. I went through it in detail today just to see if I could find any differences, but I can't. All variables are declared, and relevant lines of code are the same.

My next thought was whether the actual shapes were somehow named differently, or had different properties. But everything seems fine there as well.

For reference, the shapes and columns/rows etc are locked and the sheets are protected, so there's no way it's because somehow a column width was changed or something. The properties of the shapes are set to the following:
properties 1.png

I wondered whether I may need to alter things to "don't move", so on one sheet only, I changed the properties to this:
properties 2.png

Very strangely, it made no difference, and in fact, the sheet where the images display correctly has the properties set to "move and size".

I am really at the end of my ability to figure this out; I'm kind of annoyed because (as usual...) this is only an issue on Mac computers and I wasn't expecting it.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I need to do to make these things display properly on a Mac?

Thankyou.

Attachments

• correct display.png
    correct display.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 2

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back