Simplify copy data to different worksheet

shudson

Hi All

I am new to macro's and therefore not sure how to do this quicker.

I found the following macro in another post that is very similar to what I want to do, however when I copied it over it takes a while to complete. Is there a simpler way to write this.

The revamped version of the macro that I found is

Sub test()
With Sheets("New")
.Range("B5").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Range("C7").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Ongoing").Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Range("I6").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Ongoing").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Range("B7").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Range("C7").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Ongoing").Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Range("I6").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Ongoing").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Range("B9").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Range("B5:9,C7,I6").ClearContents
End With
Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
ThisWorkbook.Save
End Sub

What I have is different values will be entered into Cells B5, B7, B9 but the information that is entered into Cells C7 & I6 will go against all of the three different values.

eg.

B5 = 986 C7= Training I9=SYD
B7 = 689 C7= Training I9=SYD
B9 = 237 C7= Training I9=SYD

Fingers crossed this is able to be simplified and Thank you to those that can give assistance.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Perhaps...

Code:
Sub test()
[COLOR=#000066]Application.[B]ScreenUpdating[/B] = False[/COLOR]
Application.[B]Calculation[/B] = xlCalculationManual
With Sheets("New")
.Range("B5").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Range("B7").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Range("B9").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Range("B5:9,C7,I6").ClearContents
End With
Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
Application.[B]Calculation[/B] = xlCalculationAutomatic
[COLOR=#000066]Application.[B]ScreenUpdating[/B] = True[/COLOR]
ThisWorkbook.Save
End Sub

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub test()
    Dim Lastrow As Long

Lastrow = Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Row

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual

With Sheets("New")
        Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A" & Lastrow).Value = .Range("B5").Value
        Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A" & Lastrow + 1).Value = .Range("B7").Value
        Sheets("Ongoing").Range("A" & Lastrow + 2).Value = .Range("B9").Value
        Sheets("Ongoing").Range("B" & Lastrow).Resize(3).Value = .Range("C7").Value
        Sheets("Ongoing").Range("C" & Lastrow).Resize(3).Value = .Range("I6").Value
    End With

ThisWorkbook.Save

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub

Note:
ThisWorkbook.Save could take awhile if it's a large file

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davelevnt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back