Someone likes me!

The only fix I'd want to see would be to remove the darn thing altogether !!!
The like button is a nuisance and a time waster....a simple thank you would be more than sufficient......but that, coming from a Master Curmudgeon, is what is expected of me !!!......:LOL::LOL::LOL:...

I hope it will become more useful one day and that the existing likes might help locate cool posts. The way I see it, if Vbulletin include functionaility to locate my posts that people have liked, and other peoples posts that have been liked, it might just help track down some funky ideas. For example, a while ago I decided I needed to learn more on formula. So I did a search on MrE for all posts by Aladin, Barry, Tony and others and picked out some really awesome ones and then studied them. It helped develop my formula skills profoundly! I think I'd have found the best posts a lot quicker and with less effort if I could have trawled their liked posts.

So in my opinion, at the moment it is a minor annoyance, but I think in the long term it might become useful, and so I hope Admin stick to their guns and avoid any customisation to disable it. :p

Is that your tongue sticking out on your smiley ???....:LOL:
If, as you say that would happen, then that's fine, otherwise I'm standing on my dig.....hate it....oh, maybe that's because I'm like diddi....nobody likes me..:wink:

I think the "techno-verb" to 'like' is finding more and more relevance in the IT world. if you remove the social connotations and think of it as a marker of a worthwhile thread then perhaps MichaelM may feel less apprehensive about its presence. if it was implemented better by vBulliten that could make it a useful tool. my only concern is that instead of MichaelM feeling like nobody likes him, it would be more the case that they just don't think he is worthwhile :smiley face with tongue sticking out:

Ah P.....this thread is all downhill from here....:oops:

Regards
M

@MM
well, I like you, if that's any consolation :)

Okay....so we have at least 1 like each then !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back