Something wrong with multiple criteria filter macro

Gliori

Hello! I'm having trouble with this filter macro below. What I want to do is to filter everything except "jan" so I've written all the other months in the criteria. But for some reason it filters everything and the sheet becomes blank. Can anyone help me with this one?

Selection.AutoFilter
ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$R$500").AutoFilter Field:=12, Criteria1:=Array(feb, mar, apr, maj, jun, jul, aug, sep, okt, nov, dec, "="), Operator:=xlFilterValues

Needs to have the filter the other way round try....

Rich (BB code):
Sub FiltTest3ishB()
    Dim x As Long, y As Long, RESP1 As String, RESP2 As String, Shtx As Worksheet, LstRw As Long
    Dim LstRw2 As Long, icol As Long

RESP1 = InputBox("Choose the number which represents the month you want to filter from.")
    RESP2 = InputBox("Choose the number which represents the month you want to filter to.")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Set Shtx = Blad1

With Shtx.Range("O4:O" & Shtx.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
        .FormulaR1C1 = "=MONTH(RC[-3])"
        .Value = .Value
        With .Offset(, 1)
            .FormulaR1C1 = "=YEAR(RC[-15])"
            .Value = .Value
        End With
    End With

x = RESP1
    y = RESP2

Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = "MyTest"

LstRw = Shtx.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

With Shtx.Range("A3:R" & LstRw)
    .AutoFilter Field:=16, Criteria1:="=2014", _
                    Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="=2015"

.AutoFilter Field:=15, Criteria1:= _
                    ">=" & x, Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=" & y

On Error Resume Next

.Offset(-2).Resize(.Rows.Count + 3).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy

With Sheets("MyTest").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, -2)
            .PasteSpecial xlPasteColumnWidths
            .PasteSpecial
        End With

On Error GoTo 0
        .AutoFilter
    End With

With Sheets("MyTest")
        LstRw2 = .Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
        For icol = 6 To 9
            .Cells(LstRw2 + 3, icol).Formula = "=SUM(" & .Range(.Cells(5, icol), .Cells(LstRw2, icol)).Address & ")"
        Next
        .Cells(LstRw2 + 3, 13).Formula = "=SUM(" & .Range(.Cells(5, 13), .Cells(LstRw2, 13)).Address & ")"
        .Columns("N:O").Delete
    End With
    Blad1.Columns("O:P").Delete

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Cheers mate I will try it out asap!

Although I might not be able to post the result for a while. I'm on a cruise out in the ocean so I don't always have internet. I'll tell as soon as I'm able too. :)

Upvote 0
Alright... I now found out that I made a big mistake...

Noticed that I needed to change Set Shtx = Blad1 to Set Shtx = ActiveSheet :oops:

Well well. I got this one working fine now
Code:
  Sub steg3()  'välj mellan vilka månader du vill se i fakt. dat. kolumnen
    Dim x As Long, y As Long, RESP1 As String, RESP2 As String, Shtx As Worksheet, LstRw As Long

RESP1 = InputBox("Skriv in siffran som representerar den månad du vill filtrera FRÅN.")
    RESP2 = InputBox("Skriv in siffran som representerar den månad du vill filtrera TILL.")

x = DateSerial(Year(Date), RESP1, 1)
    y = DateSerial(Year(Date), RESP2 + 1, 0)

Set Shtx = ActiveSheet
    Worksheets.Add(after:=Worksheets("Faktura ordn.1")).Name = "Faktura ordn."
 LstRw = Shtx.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
        .AutoFilter field:=12, Criteria1:= _
        On Error Resume Next

With Sheets("Faktura ordn.").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, -2)
            .PasteSpecial
        End With

On Error GoTo 0
        .AutoFilter
    End With

With Sheets("Faktura ordn.")
        LstRw2 = .Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
        For icol = 6 To 9
            .Cells(LstRw2 + 3, icol).Formula = "=SUM(" & .Range(.Cells(4, icol), .Cells(LstRw2, icol)).Address & ")"
        Next
        .Cells(LstRw2 + 3, 13).Formula = "=SUM(" & .Range(.Cells(4, 13), .Cells(LstRw2, 13)).Address & ")"
    End With
       Sheets("Faktura ordn.1").Select
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete
    Sheets("Faktura ordn.").Select
End Sub

Just need a small modification but can't figure out how to do that. I have sum formulas that need to be copied to the new sheet in column F, G, H, I, M, N. It's the N column that doesn't get copied to the new sheet, I don't think it was included in the excel file I shared with you so I geuss that's why.

I assume this is easy to change, but well, my "code-writing skills" are not the best :whistle:

Thank you for all help by the way! It means a lot!

Kind regards.

Upvote 0
And also, when I press cancel I get an error message.

Is it possible to detect when a person presses cancel and then End sub. Again, my skills in VB just isn't enough...

Upvote 0
EDIT: The column (N) gets copied ofc! But not the sum formula on the end row of the column.
Isn't column N in the original sheet column M in the new one because of the hidden column now removed? I can't remember seeing a formula in N but can't check as on my phone but if you want a formula in N the ugly way is
Code:
        .Cells(LstRw2 + 3, 14).Formula = "=SUM(" & .Range(.Cells(4, 14), .Cells(LstRw2, 14)).Address & ")"

As for the cancel bit that will have to wait until I am properly on the forum which might not be today.

Upvote 0
No you're right, there wasn't anything in the N column when the hidden column was removed on the file I shared with you. But on other worksheets that I'll use the code in there's an extra column with data, which is N.

I will try out the code when I get to my work place tomorrow, but I suppose there won't be any trouble.

Many thanks!

Upvote 0
Try (untested)...

Rich (BB code):
Sub steg3()  'välj mellan vilka månader du vill se i fakt. dat. kolumnen

RESP1 = InputBox("Skriv in siffran som representerar den månad du vill filtrera FRÅN.")
    If StrPtr(RESP1) = 0 Then Exit Sub

RESP2 = InputBox("Skriv in siffran som representerar den månad du vill filtrera TILL.")
    If StrPtr(RESP2) = 0 Then Exit Sub

Set Shtx = ActiveSheet
    Worksheets.Add(after:=Worksheets("Faktura ordn.1")).Name = "Faktura ordn."
    LstRw = Shtx.Range("C" & Rows.count).End(xlUp).Row

.AutoFilter field:=12, Criteria1:= _
        On Error Resume Next

.Offset(-2).Resize(.Rows.count + 3).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy

With Sheets("Faktura ordn.").Range("C" & Rows.count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, -2)
            .PasteSpecial
        End With

On Error GoTo 0
        .AutoFilter
    End With

With Sheets("Faktura ordn.")
        LstRw2 = .Cells(Rows.count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
        For icol = 6 To 9
            .Cells(LstRw2 + 3, icol).Formula = "=SUM(" & .Range(.Cells(4, icol), .Cells(LstRw2, icol)).Address & ")"
        Next
        .Cells(LstRw2 + 3, 13).Formula = "=SUM(" & .Range(.Cells(4, 13), .Cells(LstRw2, 13)).Address & ")"
        .Cells(LstRw2 + 3, 14).Formula = "=SUM(" & .Range(.Cells(4, 14), .Cells(LstRw2, 14)).Address & ")"
    End With
    Sheets("Faktura ordn.1").Delete
    Sheets("Faktura ordn.").Select
End Sub

Upvote 0
Oh sorry, I forgot to reply you!

But well there were no troubles with this code, works excellent. Thanks a lot mate!

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Hello again!

Why does everything in the "Beställn.ordn."-sheet disappear when I use ("B" & Rows.Count) instead of ("C" & Rows.Count)?
I want the macro to put the SUM-formulas two rows below the last row in the B-column, but I can't seem to figure it out...

Is anyone out there willing to help? Please ask if there's something unclear, or if you don't understand what I want to do.

The code I use can be found below:

Code:
'välj mellan vilka månader du vill se i fakt. dat. kolumnen    Dim x As Long, y As Long, RESP1 As String, RESP2 As String, Shtx As Worksheet, LstRw As Long

RESP1 = InputBox("Skriv in siffran som representerar den månad du vill se data FRÅN (beställn. datum).                                                                                                                      Jan = 1,  Feb = 2,  Mar = 3,  etc...")
    If StrPtr(RESP1) = 0 Then Exit Sub
    RESP2 = InputBox("Skriv in siffran som representerar den månad du vill se data TILL (beställn. datum).                                                                                                                      Jan = 1,  Feb = 2,  Mar = 3,  etc...")
    If StrPtr(RESP2) = 0 Then Exit Sub

Set Shtx = ActiveSheet
    Worksheets.Add(after:=Worksheets("Beställn.ordn.1")).Name = "Beställn.ordn."
 LstRw = Shtx.Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
        .AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:= _
        On Error Resume Next

With Sheets("Beställn.ordn.").Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, -2)
            .PasteSpecial
        End With

On Error GoTo 0
        .AutoFilter
    End With

With Sheets("Beställn.ordn.")
        LstRw2 = .Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
        For icol = 6 To 9
        Next
    End With

Thank you in advance!
Kind regards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bybynhoc

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back