String formulas to range of cells

l_eonandr

Please help;

I have 7 lines of code setting a variable to a formula, first 3 which vb accepts and
the last 4 are rejects with the

runtime error 13
type missmatch.

Can anyone please help me understand what I am missing here with the last 4 lines of code?
All are variables are dim as variants

Code:
Dim strFormulas(1 To 2) As Variant '(This would allow to set 2 formulas to populate 2 columns in details sheet)
Dim strFormulas1(1) As Variant
Dim strFormulas2(1 To 4) As Variant '(This allows to set 4 formulas to populate 4 columns in Wells sheet)

strFormulas(1) = "='Wells'!K2"

strFormulas(2) = "='Wells'!J2"

strFormulas1(1) = "=SUM(INDEX(Wells!A:AJ,0,MATCH(Summary!B9,Wells!A$1:AJ$1,0)))"

strFormulas2(1) = "=(SUMIFS($K:$K,$E:$E,$E2,$J:$J,T$1,$H:$H, & Chr(34) & " & Chr(34) & [>=] & 400 & Chr(34) & " & Chr(34) & ,$H:$H, & Chr(34) & " & Chr(34) & [<] & 500 & Chr(34) & " & Chr(34) & )) & [+] & (SUMIFS($K:$K,$E:$E,$E2,$J:$J,T$1,$H:$H, & Chr(34) & " & Chr(34) & [=] & 40 & 
[*] & Chr(34) & " & Chr(34) & ))"

strFormulas2(2) = "=SUMIFS($K:$K,$E:$E,$E2,$J:$J,T$1,$H:$H, & """ & [>=] & 300 & """ & ,$H:$H, & """ & [<] & 400 & """ & )"

strFormulas2(3) = "=SUMIFS($K:$K,$E:$E,$E2,$J:$J,T$1,$H:$H, & """ & [>=] & 200 & """ & ,$H:$H, & """ & [<] & 300 & """ & )"

strFormulas2(4) = "=SUMIFS($K:$K,$E:$E,$E2,$J:$J,T$1,$H:$H, & """ & [>=] & 100 & """ & ,$H:$H, & """ & [<] & 200 & """ & )"

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hi,

I think the last one should be like this:
Code:
strFormulas2(4) = "=SUMIFS($K:$K,$E:$E,$E2,$J:$J,T$1,$H:$H,"">=100"",$H:$H,""<200"")"

Upvote 0
Hi,

I think the last one should be like this:
Code:
strFormulas2(4) = "=SUMIFS($K:$K,$E:$E,$E2,$J:$J,T$1,$H:$H,"">=100"",$H:$H,""<200"")"

Thanks so much, I thought I had tried that but when I copied your line and inserted it, passed the run trial.
I'll make the same changes to the other lines and see if that fixes all the problems.
How do I give you due credit, didn't see anything to click on to give points or anything?
Really appreciate the help.

Upvote 0
No problem.

I only did one - I was feeling lazy. Sorry.

If I have something like that and I need to work it out then I start from the formula in Notepad then work back to what the string has to be. For example:
Code:
=SUMIFS($K:$K, $E:$E,$E2, $J:$J,T$1, $H:$H, ">=100",$H:$H,"<200")

"=SUMIFS($K:$K, $E:$E,$E2, $J:$J,T$1, $H:$H, "">=100"",$H:$H,""<200"")"
In this case it was just a matter of adding a quote to both ends then doubling up the quotes in the formula.

We do not have a "solved" option or a points option. The best you can do is "like" with the link in the bottom right hand corner.
Every time I get a "like" my pay is doubled. :)

Regards,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enero1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back