Stupid calculation I can't figure out...

Ramballah

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,

Today I have come across a very stupid calculation which I just cannot figure out how to solve. I already feel dumb enough as it is so yeah here goes:

The table on the right is where I fill in all the "resources" I have (this is for a game, I'm sorry if this isn't meant for any big purposes).
On the left is where I have excel calculate how many of the "Explosives" / "Rockets" / "C4" I'm capable of making.
The problem starts here...
I'm trying to see how many rockets I can make with my current resources...
These are the following recipe's:
Explosives x1
---------------
Sulfur x10
Metal fragments x10
LGF x3
Gunpowder x50

Rocket x1
---------------
Pipes x2
Gunpowder x150
Explosives x10

So as you can see is that I need to use gunpowder for both of the things.
So I can make 656 explosives, but not 81 rockets as right now it uses that 29863 gunpowder.
So I need to calculate how many explosives I can make to keep enough gunpowder left over to make the rockets with it.
So obviously its 650 gunpowder per rocket, but I need to know how many explosives I can make for the right amount of rockets...
This seems very stupid I know. I just really hope someone can help me with this!
Side note) the possible GP is how much gunpowder I can make with my current sulfur + charcoal, so I have the same issue there basically!
Annotation 2020-07-29 020508.png

So basically its: with 5xA I can make 1xB.
with 1xA + 5xB I can make 1xC. So how many C can I make with 650 A. This is how I see the problem at least. I'm not sure if this example helped..
Thanks in advance!
Ramballah

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
i just broke down the rocket formula into the component parts which i think is 2050 sulfur+1950 charcoal+ 100 metal+ 30 lgf+ 2 pipes (i wasnt sure what GP was made of so i assumed it was 3sulfur+3 charcoal=1GP)
then i used a MIN formula which is what i think you need to find out how many you can make

VBA Code:
=MIN(QUOTIENT(L2,2050),QUOTIENT(L10,1950),QUOTIENT(L3,100),QUOTIENT(L4,30),QUOTIENT(L6,2))

which gives you 45 rockets you can make so you need i think 29250 GP

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
=MIN(QUOTIENT(L2,2050),QUOTIENT(L10,1950),QUOTIENT(L3,100),QUOTIENT(L4,30),QUOTIENT(L6,2))
So this is what I'd fill in at the "rockets" part.. what do I fill in at the "possible gp" part and "explosives" part? Also sorry for not mentioning. its 2 sulfur + 3 charcoal. I edited it in ur formula already.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back