Sum points awarded if its applicable if not replace with maximum score

Wardylewis

Hi All,

I've developed a spreadsheet which is an audit document however some sections are not applicable to some sites.

My issue is that because the questions are not applicable, I don't assign a score which results in a percentage score of 0%. This has a negative impact on their overall score as the sheet cannot identify what is applicable and what isn't.

I have now added a line at the top of each sheet stating is it applicable Yes/No. What I am currently trying to achieve is a formula which says if applicable says yes count I:7 to I:99 if it says no assign maximum points found in G:101.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I thought it might be a sumif or similar but cannot get an output result.

Thank You
Lewis

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
If 0% has a negative impact then surely 100% has a falsely positive impact.

Upvote 0
If 0% has a negative impact then surely 100% has a falsely positive impact.

Apologies its a compliance audit so it states you must meet the following criteria of A, B, C, D. If you don't it shows as 0% compliant and at the end of the audit it says a total of points available and then states how many you received and gives you a compliance % score.

I have got round it due to your reply as you are correct. I was thinking about it in the incorrect way I'm now doing a sumif formula on the score sheet which deducts the points that are available for that specific section which isn't applicable thus it isn't included in the final score.

Thank you :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skittlebeanz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back